Help me figure out how to record games.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DaggersRage, Jan 12, 2012.

1. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I know this is probably easier than I'm making it out to be but I swear I'm missing something. I would like to be able to record some of my play-through for games on my Xbox 360, maybe even stream it live if possible (maybe). I don't want to get a camera and just record off the screen, that looks terrible.

So here's my set up. I have a 1080i HDTV, my Xbox, PC, and PS3 are all hooked up to it. Its just a manner of switching channels. I'm pretty sure my PC doesn't have a video caption card, but it does have some interesting RGB ports to take advantage of that.

Would I have to get video caption card, and any special switchers to be able to do this?

2. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    You may have to buy a game recorder like HD PVR if want xbox footage to record.

3. Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky beepboopbop

Hdpvr = 200 dollars

4. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Oh wow.... that price might be a little too hardcore than I care to be, well thanks for the heads up.

5. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

You can get capture cards for much cheaper than 200 bucks. I'm sure some of our people here who rip stuff like Street Fighter matches will be able to help you better though.

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Shell out the cash for a hdpvr if possible. The time & work you'll be putting into all this will deserve it and pay off. Since you'll probably eventually need something similar.
    It'll become an addictive dedication and you'll have no regrets.