Help me decide with rub symbols!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mechafire, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    IMO, Classics/Universe/2.0/whaterver feels... wrong without rub symbols. The 1.0 figures had em, so why not them?

Anyway, I ordered a batch of rub symbols from Reprolabels.com, and I need help where I should put them ont he following figures...

1. Sunstreaker
    2. Prowl
    3. Octane/Tankor
    4. Galvatron
    5. Onslaught
    6. Silverbolt
    7. Powerglide
    8. Megatron (Not 2.0, but the 1.0 Nerf one.)
    9. Crappy Megs/Prime battle pack

That's all for now. I don't have the G1 figures, that's really why I am asking.

2. Mastergeorge

Mastergeorge I should burn my wallet.

News Credits:
    Sunstreaker: On chest with the reprolables upgrade set (It rocks)
    Prowl: Over Autobot symbol with Reprolables upgrade set.
    Tanko... Octane: On chest
    Galvatron: Chest
    Onslaught: Shoulder without Decpticon syomble one it.
    Silverbolt: Over autobot symbol
    Megatron: You decide. I don't know a good place to put it.
    2 pack prime: On shoulder! PLEASE! IT NEEDZ ONE!
    2 pack megs: Over old syombol.

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I don't have any of the figures to hand but going by memory I can do a couple:

I think the 'Nerf' Megatron actually has a blank square to place a rubsign. On the top of his scope/cannon. I always wondered why he didn't have a rubsign but the other Classics did. I guess 'cos he has faction logos molded into the scope already.

G1 Octane had his rubsign on his sheild/tank. You might want to change that because the new claw/tank splits in half. There's a flat space on the side of it though. Or you could stick it on the side of his cab over one of the gold windows. I'm not sure if it would get in the way of the flaps moving if you placed it in the middle of his chest, but why cover up a perfectly good logo already tampoed there anyway?

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

My Sunstreaker's rubsign has gone on the roof - I've actually ground out a square depression to put it in. Although I've made other mods to him as well.

Prowl's will go in the depression in front of his air scoop, but I'm also removing the tampoed symbol.

Nerf Megs, as Chris pointed out, actually has a depression on the top of the fusion cannon for a rubsign; it just didn't come with one. That's been fixed on mine.

Octane I'm going to put it at the back end of his claw; I'll grind out the centres of the raised ridges to make a flat space.

They're the only ones I have to help with.

5. Mechafire

News Credits:
    Hey thanks guys for the help. SOrry I didn't respond sooner, but I actually kinda forgot about this thread... heh.

I guess I'll take pictures when I revieve them and apply them.

6. Mastergeorge

Mastergeorge I should burn my wallet.

News Credits:
    Ok. Thats cool. Can't wait to see.

7. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Also lots of galleries of G1 TFs online that you can check for where the old rubsigns used to be positioned. :) 

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Actually, I was going to post my suggestions, but this pretty much covers what I was going to say. (Only I was going to suggest putting the one on SS below his symbol)

9. Mechafire

News Credits:
    Well I don't want to really put the rub symbol over the original painted one, or across from it (Making it a little pointless). Like on Powerglide, I was thinking of putting it on his back, where the two little wings are.

I'm still open to suggestions.

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I feel much the same way, however I feel the rubsigns are misplaced on the '84 bots. I'd say this is much due to the fact that I got the '84 line in . . . well '84. Now, I know that these bots were available later with rubsigns, but I'd just prefer them without em. As for the rest, I miss the rubsigns ^_^

11. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Galvy's chest is too small for a rubsign. Really, there aren't many places on him that have enough smooth surface to support one. I'd say the best bet is on the turret, there are a couple of blank spaces there that a rubsign could fit on.

12. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

The reasons for my placements: I've come to feel that having visible faction insignias glaringly visible in alt mode kinda defeats the object of disguising yourself. I've set myself a 'rule' for rearranging my insignias.

Where possible, I'll place a regular faction symbol or two in robot mode, somewhere suitable for display (a chest or shoulder, for example, possibly at the 'belt'), but only on places that are hidden when transformed into a disguise mode. I'll then place a rubsign on the alt mode, either in an area that's already well-shaped for a rubsign (Prime's, for instance, is on the little square on his front bumper), or just somewhere that makes it look like part of the design.

If there's no suitable place in robot mode that'll be hidden when transformed (for instance, all the obvious areas on Hot Rod, like the shoulders, are too heavily detailed, and would look wrong without them), then I'll forego the regular insignias, and just place a rubsign in a prominent area in both modes (again with Hot Rod, I placed the rubsign on his hood/chest, and painted the edges gold to better blend into the flame design).

13. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Any time you can nicely cover a screwhole with a rubsign is good too.

I'm also just thinking all those flat surfaces on TF:A figures would make for a nice return of rubsigns. :) 

14. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This is something I've adopted based on the Alt/BT line. I have very few faction symbols in alt modes on mine :)