Help me decide who I should get.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TrukkinMunky, Jun 21, 2011.

1. TrukkinMunky

TrukkinMunky Autobot

Ebay:
    I'm debating which I should get, I really like both of these items and I would like to own them both, money is not an issue but I dont want to get them both at the same time. So, I was wondering what you guys thought would be the best choice? So, here are the choices.
    [​IMG]

2. AMG

AMG Old School

Personally, I'd go with Reflector. I have plenty of Rodimus and Hot Rod toys, Reflector on the other hand still eludes me.

3. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    protector, hands down

4. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Reflector probably. Though they are really small. They have the most real world alt mode of that line. Which has mostly consisted of cybertronian weapon add ons that change into cassette homage robots.

Also with the rodimus purchase its a very nice trailer upgrade with a lot going on. Keep in mind its a upgrade set to deluxe rodimus. I hav'ent picked it up, because I like the look of classics rodimus as hot rod better. There are also cryticisms with protectors headsculpt.

5. Hursticon

Hursticon Emissary of OZformers.

News Credits:
    Hmm... A tough choice indeed.
    Both fit perfectly with the Classicsverse figures and both are really well made products from 2 great 3rd party companies...

IMO mate:

If you like bigger robots? - Then go with Protector as he'll probably appease you more because the Scouting Force X figures are 'Legends class' small, he also looks great complimenting a cast of Classicsverse TFTM figures and does quite a good job of reflecting the original Rodimus Prime figure.

Where as if you like incredible engineering that yields Deluxe to Voyager class poseability/articulation and with a design aesthetic that, as Vangelus rightly points out, harkens back to the old Takara Microchange figure? - Go with Scouting Force X.

6. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Reflector...

But if you decide on Protector I have one for sale in my sales thread check it out. Its MISB with Sidearm for $85. I know I know.... shameless lol..

7. Detroa

Detroa Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If I really had to choose, I would take Protector but if money isn't a issue, I think I would grab them both at the same time, just to be sure to avoid any risk of one of them getting sold out.

8. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Reflector - based entirely on my love for season 1, above and beyond season 3, of G1.

I own neither and cost prohibits me ever doing so. I wait for the Perceptor repaint for my Reflector.

9. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

Get both. That's the only positive thing I can add to this, and I'll go back to ignoring the "help me decide..." threads.

10. Hursticon

Hursticon Emissary of OZformers.

News Credits:
    That's definitely a good point there, I count myself lucky on securing a MGT-01 Delicate Warrior when I did.

11. Dansproject

Dansproject Drifticon

I would definitely say buy both if money isn't an issue, but keep one boxed up for a few months, a'rainy day' treat. You'll kick yourself if they're both unavailable in a short while.

12. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    as already said get both if you have the money to..i would ;) 

13. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

Protector he has a lot more options when it comes too playability. The camera dudes aren't all that great, sure they are poseable but they don't have much character.

14. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    i didn't bother with the perfect effect reflector because i'm waiting for this

[​IMG]

15. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

Personally I can't stand extremely small transformers like reflector regardless of how detailed they are. The reflector figures are around the same size as a legends class toy. So I would choose Protector. Its a sturdy figure with a good range of pose ability. I feel it gives classics rodimus the added size that he deserves when comparing to other classics autobots.

16. Wingnut

Wingnut Stayin' Alive!

Ebay:
    If it were me it would be Reflector without hesitation. Just love those little guys!

17. mechfiend

mechfiend Well-Known Member

that's a flip the coin type of decision, they are both incredible products. however I think you'll feel like you got more for your money with protector as the scouting force is super tiny.. but oh so awesome..

18. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    protector easily, and if you hve the sons of cyb. rodimus, get the clear protector...it looks great on the clear and on the solid rodimus

19. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    From playing with both, Reflector is way more fun as a stand alone set. Rodimus Prime does fit in better with other figures. I vote Rodimus.

20. Prowl 2009

Prowl 2009 A Decepticons Downfall

Go with Protector, I own both these figures and find I play with Protector more than Reflector. Protector just has more playability if you ask me and he looks so bad ass! :D