Help me decide on 6 TF cars to use for Gobots Puzzler

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Satomiblood, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I originally posted this as a thread in Radicons since I'm looking to create an updated version of Puzzler, but I figured I could use opinions outside of that forum as well.

I'm looking for these to be in deluxe class and they can fall between the Unicron Trilogy, Animated, Universe, and the movie lines. Animated and movie toys would be modded to blend in with the others. Robot aesthetics aren't an issue at this point. I just want to focus on the alt modes.

Puzzler - Renegade - www.tfu.info

I'll start:

2.0 Prowl as Crossword
    2.0 Sunstreaker as Pocket

I suppose the big thing is finding 2 cars whose alt modes fold up to act as feet when combined. Are there any toys that can be mistransformed in such a way?

Attached Files:

2. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I haven't got him in front of me, but Hound might be able to do that, although he wouldn't fit with the sports car vibe.

3. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

Moviem Jazz maybe? I don't have Classic Hot Rod, but he might work too.

4. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

Well, the car modes of Puzzler are:

Crossword = Porsche 911
    Jigsaw = Toyota Celica police car
    Tic-Tac = Chevy Corvette
    Pocket = Lamborghini Countach
    Rube = Mercedes 300SL
    Zigzag = Nissan 350ZX

So if you were going for closest possible alt modes, I guess the best bets would be:

Crossword = Animated Jazz (pseudo-Porsche w/ fins). But for a Classics/AEC styling, I say go for Cybertron Crosswise. A Veyron is rounded like a Porsche, at least.
    Jigsaw = Classics Prowl (not a Toyota, but at least he's a police car)
    Tic-Tac = Movie Sideswipe (Corvette)
    Pocket = Sunstreaker, as you mentioned
    Rube = tough one, but maybe Universe Hot Shot? He's a pseudo-Audi, so still a German luxury car, and he has more the "sedan" look than the "sports car" look. Big Daddy would also work, as a black sedan.
    Zigzag = Silverstreak, obviously

Obviously Cybertron Hot Shot, Classics Rodimus, Movie Jazz, Movie Sideway, and Classics Bumblebee could probably be thrown into the mix somewhere as well (no shortage of car-bots in the TF franchise). I think Bumblebee could make a decent foot, if you just leave his feet connected as one big block. He's a tad short, though.

EDIT: I just fiddled around with Cybertron Crosswise a bit, and you can make a FANTASTIC foot/leg out of him. The car chest can swing down so that it's sitting next to the feet of the robot, and it looks like one big stompy foot. It's pretty stable, and even places the cyberkey slot at the "knee" joint so that it could be used as a connector; the only tough thing is finding a place to tuck the car roof. Wish I could take pics, sorry, but it's easy to figure out if you fiddle with the mold.

5. Satomiblood

Actually, I find that the car used for 2.0 Prowl resembles a Toyota Supra.

6. Satomiblood

Figured I'd bump this thread to get more ideas since it's been about a week and I'm still stuck on some of the molds I want to use. This is definitely not as easy as planning out a Menasor.