Customs: Help me decide on 6 TF cars to use for Gobots Puzzler

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Satomiblood, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I'm looking for these to be in deluxe class and they can fall between the Unicron Trilogy, Animated, Universe, and the movie lines. Animated and movie toys would be modded to blend in with the others. Robot aesthetics aren't an issue at this point. I just want to focus on the alt modes.

Puzzler - Renegade - www.tfu.info

I'll start:

2.0 Prowl as Crossword
    2.0 Sunstreaker as Pocket

Attached Files:

2. dyingwill3rd

dyingwill3rd Life is a fabled mystery

Seems like you might need to use the Uni. Sunstreaker/Sideswipe and the Uni. Prowl molds multiple times for him. While each car is different, each one has a similar looking transformation

3. Satomiblood

I'd rather not do that (reuse the same molds that is).

4. dyingwill3rd

Did you think about modding classics Rodimus? he seems like he can fit in as one of them

5. Satomiblood

Yea, Rodimus might end up being Tic-Tac because the chest transformation for the combined form. He does share a similar alt mode to Jigsaw, though.

I could probably use ROTF Sideswipe and mod him a little bit. Maybe figure out how he can combine with the rest.

6. hXcpunk23

hXcpunk23 The Chaos Bringer

Ebay:
    Judging from the picture, I'll toss these ideas out:

Pocket: Universe Sunstreaker
    Crossword: Universe Silverstreak
    Tic-Tac: Classics Hot Rod/Rodimus
    Jigsaw: Universe Prowl
    Zigzag: Universe Smokescreen
    Rube: Armada Sideswipe (w/mods to the arms maybe)

I think you may need to use that Universe Prowl mold a bit, but since one is already a police car, the others would just need some painting and small mods (unless you want to try and work in a new transformation for them somehow). I know you don't want to use the same mold, but I don't see many options for this, man (maybe you can sub in Energon Downshift for Rube or one of the others--or maybe a Universe Sideswipe modded a bit since he can transform two different ways). It's all up to you--good luck with this! This is very interesting and I'll be keeping an eye on it for sure.

7. Satomiblood

I'm wondering if there are any Transformers whose front car portions can fold up to act as feet. I think I saw someone do this with a 2.0 Red Alert and movie Sideways.

8. dyingwill3rd

ya mean the one Kofboy made? Classics Menasor (kofboy) - Other Customs - TFW2005.COM

9. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    I think the Universe Sunstreaker/Sideswipe/Red Alert molds can fold up like that (pull the front end of the car out and fold the rest up). And I do think I remember seeing what you're talking about.

Classics Bumblebee/Cliffjumper can also do it, but they're a bit small--though they could still work, depending on how you do them.

10. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    That's the one--the only thing would be trying to mod a movie figure to fit in with the other figures (since the others fit better together). Still, this will be a fun project to watch develop over time.

11. Satomiblood

I'm wondering if he did anything to the Lambo mold to make it fold up like that. I haven't tinkered too much with the transformations. And I'm assuming the Sideways mold can already be mistransformed that way? If so, I might pick up a Sideways. I was also interested in the idea of using 2.0 Hot Shot.

12. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    I have an extra Sunstreaker sitting here for a custom I'm planning, so I just tried that transformation. The body of the car won't stand up straight with the front end flush with the table. You'd need to cut a small bit from each side where the joint/hinge folds to meet the hood of the car--then it should stand up straight.

And Universe Hot Shot might work with some--completely forgot about that one (and I have it standing on a shelf staring at me). lol

13. Satomiblood

I'm at work until 4:30 (eastern) and then I have a half hour drive ahead of me so I can't really try this at the moment. All of my best ideas come at work when I can't actually tinker with them. There are simply not enough hours in a day.

14. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    I can attest to that, bro. I have so many projects going right now--and my ideas always come when I'm nowhere near the parts/bots to test anything out. Give me a few and I'll snap a shot of what I'm talking about so you won't have to wait.

15. Satomiblood

Much appreciated, man.

I should start bringing a random TF, a screwdriver, and hobby knife to work every day so I can try this stuff out. I've got a big drawer in my office I can keep them in.:lol 

16. hXcpunk23

Ebay:
    Here's a couple of images--I circled the areas I was talking about.

Attached Files:

17. Satomiblood

Thanks.