Help me crack the code...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jourdo, Nov 6, 2008.

1. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I need some help cracking the "what a woman says vs what she means" code.

Here is the back story of events:
    1. My daughter has a fever last night, we decide to see how she is in the morning to see if she goes to school or not.
    2. My wife "stubs" her toe on something. We find a broken sewing needle on the floor, but cannot see anything in the cut. She cleans it up and throws a bandaid on the boo boo.
    3. My daughter wakes up this morning and still is not quite right. No school for her. I run out to Walmart at 8 am to grab some sick little kid supplies (juice, popsicles, etc).
    4. My wife says her foot is still hurting, but in a different spot. I say, "why don't we just run into the office and zap an xray to see if something is there."

[​IMG]

Oops.

5. We phone our GP this morning (9 am-ish) just to ask if we should head straight for the ER or go give Urgent Care a try. He's not in yet. We decide to gamble on Urgent Care.
    6. We go to urgent care, with sick kids in toe, and they say they should be able to get the needle out (we do ask specifically if they can do this here, or if we should go get in line at the ER). Me and the kids wait in the waiting room for about an hour before getting a call from my wife's cell phone. She's still waiting for the doc to see her and says I should take the kids home and wait for her to call.
    7. It is now 1:40 PM, I've cancelled my entire day by now, I've had two updates from my wife that they are taking another xray and still trying... WTF? If it was me, I would have given up and referred her out by now.

Now the code: She wants me to stay here with the kids, but it is driving me nuts waiting and waiting. I feel bad she is there alone. I want to call my folks to come over and watch the kids while I run out to be with her.

So, obey the wife and stay here while feeling guilty that she is alone...

OR...

disobey her order and go be at her side, while the doctors muck around inside and eventually send us off to the ER for another long wait?

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    It depends on how hysterical she is. It's not a huge deal, it's a little sliver of metal to extract.

If she's generally calm, I'd just let her handle it. If she's acting crazy about it, I'd go see her.

Actually if it's not a big deal to find someone, you may as well go see her. It's not like she can scream at you for worrying.

3. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

DO what you want as long as the kids are looked after. I sure as hell wouldn't be home with the kids if I had Grandparents to babysit and a lover in the hospital.

4. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    She won’t mind if you stay with the kids. Afterall, they are her kids too. Especially when your daughter is feeling sick. It’s not like your staying with friends. However, if you are able to get someone reliable to stay with the kids in your stead while you stay with your wife then I’m sure she will appreciate it and you will get browny points.

5. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Call ur parents to watch the kids. SHe won't get made and you win points for furute use.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

6. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

Some good advice has already been given.

remember, there is no 'cracking the code', it's a crap shoot every time.

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    If your folks are available, have them watch the kids so you can go down there and help get her expedited, maybe bring her a sammich. She's probably hungry.

8. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Call the parents and have them come over, then go and see your woman. In all due seriousness you're the best person to make this call, I suggest you don't let the internet sway you. Go with your gut :) 

9. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    This. Don't listen to what she says. If the parents are available to watch your kids, do that and go hang out with her. Women are crazy.

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Get the kids all sugared up, then leave them with your parents while you go see her

Then when you both get home, everyone will be tired and you can get your groovy on

11. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

I just hope you don't have a major foot fetish!

12. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I am sure that you are there already, but I would have my parents come over and hang with her. She is likly very bored and might like some company. You could hit Tim's, get some magazines, whatever to kill the time. When I was admited to the hospital a year ago I was greatful that my wife spent that time with me.

Also having two young kids, it may be an ok opportunity to have some 1:1 time (even if it is at Ugent care)

Good luck.

13. Chaos Muffin

May be a good idea to go see her, or she may use it against you in a future argument

"I was in the hospital dying and you didnt even come see me"

"Oh you were'nt dying, stop lying"

It'll just be another day for the kids anyway,they wont mind. It's no harm to them if your parents are there. Plus grandparents love being with their grandkids. It might make their day

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  14. sketchprowl

sketchprowl freak of nature

Be sneaky about it get the grandparents to babysit, pick up mags,puzzle books whatever will interest her and make a "flying visit to bring her some stuff" if she's glad to see you or seems down, stay. if you get the feeling she's fine make a judgement call and either go or stay either way she can't say you didn't make an effort.

15. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm with the 5 hour later concensus of call up reliable parents, be with wifey. That way everything's taken care of.

16. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know I'm late but woman never want to be alone. Period. If there is a way to have the kids watched, do it and be with your Wife.

17. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Go see your wife!

18. GW_Freak

GW_Freak Banned

I just cracked the code!

It reads: "Eat more Ovaltine!"

19. Chaos Muffin

A crummy commercial? Son of a bitch

20. soundwave86