Help me come up with a MNF promotion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ORIO, Aug 21, 2009.

1. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I have a brainstorming meeting next week at work to come up with a promotion for a weekly Monday Night Football game. I work at a radio station and our alternative stations morning show will be going out to a bar every monday night to broadcast.

Last season we did this and no one came out. I feel it was because the djs offered little incentive for listeners to come out and when they did there wasn't any kind of interaction between the listeners and djs. Sure we gave out prizes but it wasn't fun at all.

Our sister station does a MNF promotion called "Bet the Bookie". The dj makes a bet with the crowd and people bet fake money and can use that money through out the season to buy cool prizes from Budweiser. They also do trivia and such...

Now, I am in no way a football fan. So I could really use some help on this one. Especially because I'm looking at a promotion at the station I work for.

So far, all I can really think of is some kind of miniature fantasy football type thing because one of the djs does that every year with our employees. But again, I'm not a football fan, so I don't know how to make that work on a small, once a week type deal.

Any ideas? What would make you want to go out to a bar, watch MNF, and win prizes? Anyone have any cool local bars in their area that have cool stuff going on during MNF games?

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated

2. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    In Austin, 101x promotes football by having prizes and stuff at Hooters. Not that most guys (myself include) need any extra incentives to check out hooters but prizes, football and women? How can you go wrong.

3. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

You can walk up to random strangers an have a normal type of conversation, in which you casually ask football trivial questions and the person answers, unknowningly, they are on your game show.

4. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

Get Sal & Richard to make an appearance!

Ba-ba-booey! Ba-ba-booey! Ba-ba-booey!

5. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The promotion is being held at Twin Peaks. Which is pretty much Hooters.

Also, one of the DJ's teams is the Cowboys, the other the Chiefs. So I'm trying to think of something special when they play.

6. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

air sexing competition.

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Have either a football, sports, or general trivia contest. Callers are assigned to a team based on the order of their calls.

So, the first three callers are the 3 "downs" for team 1. They choose how many yards they want to go for (1-10, lets say), being questions of increasing difficulty, (ie. 1 is easy, 10 is absolutely ridiculous). If they get 10 yards, it goes back to first down, wherein the next three callers get their shot to bring the ball closer to the goal.

On the event of a turnover, the next three callers are for the opposing team (so really, they don't get to choose what team they're on). Repeat as necessary until touchdown.

Individual correct answers win prizes, and I don't know, maybe they win an extra prize if their "team" gets the point.

8. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's pretty cool man. I'll suggest that. Might be a good game for halftime! Any other suggestions?

9. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Free hotwings.

I'd go damn near anywhere for free hotwings.

10. ORIO

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Had my meeting today! Loved the fantasty football idea. And Aernaroth, they dug your trivia idea for your half time :thumb 

Thanks for the help guys :)