Customs: Help Me Choose My Next Alt Custom!

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Superquad7, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Hey guys, I just thought I'd have a little fun here. :) 

While my last custom posted was Alternators REV, I've done some more work since then [I'll update you guys asap of course :) ], I still have a few more planned. Anyways, that being the case, I just thought I'd open up a discussion to get some interaction and some input from you guys as well.

Before we roll, I'll digress just a bit to protect myself and you guys as well. Many of you may (or may not know), I'm an advocate of creator's rights. In short, I simply believe in giving credit where it's due. That being said, I just wanted to note that anything one of you guys may post (here or anywhere for that matter) are your ideas and you retain proper ownership to those. This holds likewise for me, of course. I just want to be polite and respectful to my fellow Radicons and their creativity :) 

Ok let's roll:

Just a few parameters (I even use these myself):
    Please check out my previous work (hint hint :wink:  :wink: ).
    I'd hate for someone to give a nice suggestion, only to find out that I either made the first one or made one like it (e.g. Alternators Springer). Feel more than free to click my sig where my work is hosted in my Photobucket. [I still haven't uploaded most of my own galleries to our Radicons gallery, though a few examples are there as well]

With Alts, I'm generally particular about automotive realism. That simply means I'll shortcut details and color schemes on the robot to make sure the alt mode retains the proper properties. Unless there is a sub-culture for customization for the actual make/model, I stick to factory paint color schemes for the automobile of the mold (i.e. the Subaru Impreza has a sub-culture for "tuner" cars that sport non-factory paint jobs, whereas the Dodge Viper is MUCH less likely to do so). While there are some exceptions to the rule, this is usually something I adhere to pretty strictly. If you have any images to share, simply provide a hyperlink.

I like established characters as well as fan characters. Popular and more obscure established TF characters are always game. I also regard the characters created by my peers in much the same light as the ones Hasbro has created.

For the purpose of this thread, I'm only working with available molds. I have plans to make a few reshells, but this thread is just for suggestions of repaints.

If you have a suggestion and you must see it made, by all means feel free to do so of course!
    We all inspire each other and if you post an idea that you really like, you might find yourself disassembling a TF! :D 

Whatever I choose to do, I don't have plans to sell or "give up" the actual project I make.

Copy/paste/fill in the following format:

Character:

Faction:

Description (color scheme alt mode/color scheme robot mode):

Mold to be used:

Head to be used:

Any other additional notes:

I would like to add that I'm not really looking for any suggestions for the following molds:
    Subaru Impreza
    Dodge Viper
    Chevrolet Corvette Z06

The reason for this is that I've mainly done what I wanted to do with these molds or I already have some plans in the works that will fulfill my plans for these molds.

That being said, any of the other existing molds are completely fair game :) 

Thanks for looking and for any/all comments :) 

Let's have fun! :)  (Continue to be kind :) )

Radicons, customize!!!

Attached Files:

2. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    Character: Blurr

Faction: Autobots

Description (color scheme alt mode/color scheme robot mode): Blue paint with sky blue robot accents

Mold to be used: Mustang or corvette

Head to be used: Hmm, would be cool to use a G1 blurr head

Character: Hot Shot

Faction: Autobot

Description (color scheme alt mode/color scheme robot mode): Yellow with red/orange flames

Mold to be used: Mustang

Head to be used: Tracks repainted

Any other additional notes: None

Character: Vortex

Faction: Decepticon

Description (color scheme alt mode/color scheme robot mode): grey/silver with red stripes and purple robot accents

Mold to be used: Honda s5000

Head to be used: Meister

3. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Thanks for contributing man! :) 

I want to make a Blurr, but he won't be a Mustang or a Vette (though Lucs' Vette Blurr is really cool). I'll most likely go with the FordGT much like 26_Mirage made.

Hmm . . . , I woudln't mind doing a Hot Shot, even though Armada really isn't my cup of tea. If I did make a Hot Shot, I'd want to make sure I paid Squall42080 some major props.

I'm liking this choice of character really well, though I already have plans for the S2000 in silver. I might use this for another mold though.

Thanks again for your post, bud; I really appreciate your help today! :thumb 

4. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    :p 

Character: Legion

Faction: Decepticons

Description (color scheme alt mode/color scheme robot mode): Sliver with Black high lights/ Sliver and Black with Blue high lights

Mold to be used: Honda S2000

Head to be used: G-2 Hero Megatron

Any other additional notes: I know how against the Tenticle you are but I think to complete the asthetic, Legion needs a Tenticle even if it's more whip like, can be hand held, Headlight mod, and maybe a glowing light (Like eyes/mouth) mod under the hood.

5. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    :lolol 

6. skidsinlimbo

skidsinlimbo Well-Known Member

Character: Venom

Faction:Insecticon

Snake skin green Viper

Mold to be used: Sideswipe

Head to be used: Wheeljack

Character:Chop Shop

Faction:Insecticon

Viper Very Orange Sunstreaker with brown highlights in robot mode

Mold to be used: Sunstreaker

Head to be used:Sunstreaker

Character: Mindset

Faction: Imperial

Description: Silver Scion with metallic green highlights in robot mode

Mold to be used: Scion

Head to be used Skids with a visor added

http://s90690880.onlinehome.us/jhiaxus/uscomics/mindset.htm

Character:Flywheels

Faction:D ecepticon

Venom Red Viper

Mold to be used: Dead End or Sunstreaker

Head to be used:Meister

Any other additional notes: Body to be Maroon wth Robots parts to be coloured brony grey as appropriate to match tank parts.

Character:Battletrap

Faction:D ecepticon

Two Tone Blue and Silver Corvette with the rear half in silver. Silver Chest Shoulders and arms in robot mode.

Mold to be used:Tracks

Head to be used:p rime

Any other additional notes:Consider giving Quarter staff that can be slung across back to mimmick rotor blades

7. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Character: Plowking

Description (color scheme alt mode/color scheme robot mode): Main body white, with hints of black and silver

Mold to be used: Jeep

Head to be used: Xevoz Sledgetrooper

Any other additional notes: Must have a "somewhat" working plow and a hard top, and the hard top must be incorporated into the transformation (must not be removed to tf the Alt) and make the plow a shield or something.....oh yeah...and some working lights would be cool too :thumb 

8. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Character: Burnout

Description: Alt Mode - Red w/ White to Yellow Gradient w/ silver stroke along outline of flames, silver accents along Running boards, over wheel well, Silver Bumper/Fender

Bot Mode: More Yellow exposed as trim for Biceps, legs. Mid section - Solid silver with red cod piece and other yellow accents

Mold to be used: 2005 Ford Mustang

Head To be Used: Alt Rollbar

I think a crossbow would be a great weapon. Maybe it can be a luggage rack on the trunk, and fold open into an Energon Crossbow.

9. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:

Didn't he buy your Alt Plowking of the same design you listed here????
    I Smell Shinanigens!!!!! :lolol  :lolol  :lolol  :lolol  :lolol  :lolol 

10. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    :lol 

Nah....I still have both of my Alt Plowkings.....

They are mainly Black in color, and they are both Decepticons :ev: 

I did keep a few of them....not all of them got adopted by others...

11. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Thank you guys for all of your suggestions! I really appreciate each of your contributing to this thread :thumb 

Most of you guys know I've been really busy as of late (finals are here again). I did want to take some time to interact with some of the posts:

Hmm, aside from the mold (Viper), I think I may revisit this idea again (I had the Deluxe Insecticons sketched in my sketchbook at one point.

Same as above. I'm wanting an orange RX-8 . . . hmm, again . . .

I REALLY like this idea. Don't be surprised if this idea wins the thread :D 

Wow, this is another great idea. I have to say, you must really like the Viper mold, hehe :poke  I think it's fair to say that I've only got about 2 more Viper customs planned (without reshelling 'em).

Aside from that note, I really like the concept of doing Flywheels. Originally, I had passed over him (and Battletrap below), but your suggestion really has me second-guessing myself :) 

I like the character well enough, but I think this actual custom would be too much of me trying to make an Alt a G1 toy. I do think (as stated above) that I'll be reconsidering this bot as well as his cohort. :wink: 

skidsinlimbo, these are some GREAT suggestions. You've really started getting me to consider and reconsider some concepts. You really encapsulated what I was looking for with this thread. Thanks a lot man! :thumb 

I think all I've got to say in response to this post is, "help me with the hook-up on getting some of the necessary parts." :) 

:wink: 

I know at some point "Burnout" will become a custom of mine because I also came up with the name in my "list of names." Honestly, I never got past writing the name down.

I have to say your idea is very intriguing. I'd like to see myself attempting the paint scheme down the road at least. That sounds too cool! This is another entry that surely merits a lot of weight for consideration.

Firstly: JD, I think you're crusin' for a brusin' :lol  I think whatever custom gets made is just gonna come to your place and rough you up all over the place. Then I might just post a thread entitled, "help me make a custom from JD" :lol 

Of course pk is right in reporting that I did not buy either of his 2 Plowking customs (as they were not for sale). This also reinforces my first response to him with his own suggestion in this thread.

In regards to pk's cusoms, I think pk was perhaps hinting that "not all of them"* were "adopted" by me :lol  It shouldn't be a secret that I'm a HUGE fan of my bro's work :wink: 

[*pk, I think you know that I'll be glad to adopt either of your Alt Plowking customs, should that oppurtunity arise :D ]

12. skidsinlimbo

skidsinlimbo Well-Known Member

Cheers Supersquad

I've actually got a Lime Green Wheeljack as Venom. He looks very 70's

Another possibility for deluxe insecticons is Barrage as a Honda S2000

I did mine in green but because of his transformation scheme you could do him in yellow with the green bits hidden in alt mode and stick to an official Honda colour scheme.

I just need to find a Ford GT Mould that doesn't cost a bomb so I can do Ransack and complete the set.

On an aside i always thought that the Corvette , S2000 and Viper moulds would make good pretenders as they alow you to have almost completely different alt mode and robot mode colours.

You could do a Silver corvette that transforms into Thunderwings shell with a head off a GI Joe type Knock Off

13. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I started to Photoshop one, but never finished. I'll have to get back on it.

14. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Who's supersquad? :lol 

Fortunately, I was able to get some extras for customs while they were cheaper than they are now. :)  Since the Ford GT40 doesn't come in that many colors, not having many extras of it isn't a huge deal.

As for the more common makes/models, they lend themselves to more customs anyways :) 

I've played around with the Deluxe Insecticon idea a few times, but I've gotta say that you have me heavily reconsidering it again. :) 

As for the silver Vette, all I can say at this point is that it's a WIP. :D 

In regards to Prentenders, I've always only liked the inner robots personally. That being said, I may revisit some of the characters at least (I do have an Alt Bludgeon on the list, but I haven't decided 100% what I want to do exactly. That being the case, I placed him a little further down the list.)

Again, I'd like to thank you for your contributions and your interaction with my thread :thumb 

Yeah! I'd love to see that! When you finish, by all means feel free to post it here :) 

15. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Would anyone else like to toss in an idea? I still plan to finish Springer [v.2] first, but the custom from this thread just may be next! :D 

16. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Heya Supes, do you do reshells? I'd love to see a classic model car made into a transformer.

17. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I'm not doing reshells yet because I want to get all of my repaint projects out of the way first. Phase 1 of Alterations continues to keep me occupied and will for a while. Once I get those out of the way, I can then move on to reshells. For this thread especially, I'm just going to limit this project to available molds and the ones I've excluded already (see previous posts). :) 

Thanks for posting though :thumb 

18. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Whoops LOL! Thats what happens when you drink to many Screwdrivers, you forget about the details. LOL

19. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Character: Springer

gren with yellow striping leading to the end of the bonnet, black introduced in robot mode.

Mold to be used:
    Ford GT

Head to be used:
    Alt BT Rodimus

I know you've done a springer but looking at the mould and the head on mine I think it homages Springer much more than the mustang ever could.

Character: Wildrider

Faction: Decepticon

silver, red strip along bottom, red tinted windscreen, black introduced along with more red in robot mode

Mold to be used:
    Honda S2000

Head to be used: Overdrive/ Decepticharge (modified)

This works really well as an idea, think of the shopped picture for the bt version from a while back but with red instead of purple.

20. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, I'm already working on a second Springer, as I gave the original to my best friend 2 years ago as a Christmas gift. The one I'm working on now is essentially the same, with a few minor changes.

I can't say I'm familiar with yours, though. I think the Mustang GT serves Springer the best though. I'm a bit partial to the original Springer custom that started the whole craze :wink: 

I've got a silver S2000 planned as Legion and I also have a Wildrider, though he doesn't sport a G1 scheme.

Thanks for the input and ideas as well as taking the time to post! :thumb