Help me choose a Transformer toy!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by typev3, Jul 28, 2011.

1. typev3

typev3 @VinceSanchez

Simple question, which of these four options is the best (Because I live in Canada, assume all are equal value):

1. Reveal the Shield Solar Storm Grapple - The classics design is by far my favourite of all the transformers lines and I have yet to own the Inferno mould.

2. DOTM Voyager Sentinel Prime - The last of the DOTM voyagers that I need. I don't expect to buy the leader figure just because my movie collection is in the Voyager/deluxe scale

3. DOTM Deluxe Laserbeak & DOTM Deluxe Barricade - The figures themseleves don't actually appeal to me at all, but after seeing Transformers 3 I must have some toy form of Laserbeak and I currently don't have any version of Barricade

4. HFTD Human Alliance Jazz - My favourite character in the transformers movie-verse but I haven't quite seen an incarnation of him that I liked, until this one. However, because I only collect movie figures in the voyager/deluxe scale I'm not sure if it would look well in my collection

Anyways, thanks for the help guys!

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    flat out grapple, he is awesome, even more awesome than inferno

and he totally has a crane tonfa, so awesome

3. Acclaimed

Acclaimed Well-Known Member

Go for the grapple. I can't stand anything movie related. They look like a bunch of scrap plastic thrown together (in my opinion. I have to say that because people are sensitive here)

And be sure to check your local Ross. That's where he likes to hang out these days for half the price.

4. M3GATRON

M3GATRON Well-Known Member

Why choose buy them all. If you cant afford it steal them

5. typev3

typev3 @VinceSanchez

Guess I should have mentioned that because I live in Canada, all those figures work out to the same price of around $25. Actually, Grapple is the only one that's $30.

6. Primal_Grimlock

Primal_Grimlock Gettin' outta collectin'

HA Jazz. Buy him as if your life depends on it.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Grapple, You'll see the rest eventually in time. Except HA Jazz but they could repaint him in the near future.

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Grapple, no question.

9. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Get the one YOU LIKE the best or get all of them. It's your money, so it's up to you.

10. blur3479

blur3479 The most boring member

News Credits:
    Grapple or jazz

11. doctajones428

doctajones428 Well-Known Member

JAZZ. Ignore what scale he is, make a shrine and dedicate a whole shelf to him if you need to. He is the best Jazz ever, he is the best HA figure and probably the second best figure in all of the movieverse lines. Besides, you love Movie Jazz, buy him!

You can buy the other DOTM toys later

12. TFareCool

TFareCool TFW's Camera Guy

News Credits:
    Grapple (Grappel) seems like the best bet.

HA Jazz is good, but he doesn't fit in scale too well. Now if you get Leader Ironhide, HA BB, Ha Jazz and other HA bots, they fit in well scale wise with each other. But then you'd need oversize KO Prime (rotf mold).
    I'd wait and see if we get some revisits for this line, a new DLX Jazz possibly? I think they could do a much better job. I mean, we got Barricade, right?

13. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

Holy Hell THIS with a platter of cheesecake. Seriously, what's the point in these threads? If you're not well off enough to afford to be this indecisive, then maybe it's time to switch hobbies.

14. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    What the hell is wrong with members like both of you. This place is a place for discussion and to ask opinions.

There is nothing wrong with asking these types of questions. Maybe if people weren't so off topic about shit and criticizing for no reason, this place would be even better.

Did you ever think he wanted peoples opinions on each figure to make a more informed decision on his purchase? I mean seriously, back off already, so tired of this shit from people here.

Back on topic. OP, I am not sure how old you are. I only ask because I am 33 and collect Classics line. Because of my age I am more tied in to the G1 era. What I usually find is that figures which are not part of the G1 are quick to leave my collection. So even if I buy a non G1 figure, I will check it out for a while and sell it pretty soon there after.

If you are a G1 addict like myself, I would recommend Grapple. I would also get him now because you may not have a chance a little later. As for the movie verse stuff, you will always find it. Usually a lot cheaper down the line as people realize they no longer want it.

15. 420bot

420bot ******

3. DOTM Deluxe Laserbeak... b/c he kills them all... muwahahahahahaha.

16. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Um, was there anything criticizing in my post? No, there wasn't. I was mearly stating that the OP should go with the toy/s HE wants the most, which is what alot toy reviewers say when they are asked that kind of question. It's ok to factor in other people's opinions, but at the end of the day, it is HIS money that he is spending on it and his interests that he is satisfying, not anyone elses.

17. daytimeninja

daytimeninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Grapple, hands down.

18. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I will say though that your post doesn't really help him make any decision though. He narrowed it down to those items and wants opinions on each to make the correct decision. What better place to ask said question then here where people may own all those figures and give an opinion.

Sometimes it is not so clear cut and black and white as I like this and don't like that. It is I like all of these but currently can afford only 1. That's why I said it was off topic. Your post was off topic, the other dudes was criticizing basically stating the post was useless.

19. Megabattimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, I didn't post what I thought he should get because the only one out of that list that I own is Barricade, and while he is a really solid toy, I wouldn't personally pick him over Sentinel Prime or Grapple, so I can't in good conscious tell him to get Barricade over the others when I wouldn't do the same.

20. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Well, what you wrote there would have helped me in the decision process.

Plus, I didn't mean to offend you. It's just there are a lot of post attacking OP around here. Every so often it gets to me.