Help: Looking for Energon pic

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Chaos Muffin, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Does anyone have that old Energon pic/chart saved that shows all the powerlink combinations?

Ive been going through an Energon kick lately. I know the show was a mess, but some of the toys are still a blast.

Thanks

2. zealottoyou

zealottoyou Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  3. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

The Autobot "combiners" (meaning deluxes and megas, I guess) are pretty flawed, but you're right, they ARE damn fun. Except Tow-Line. That guy's really fantastic all around, IMO.

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

^ Hell yeah, I just had Towline out the other night. Should've bought multiples of him.
    Was hoping they'd do an Ironhide/ratchet repaint of him

Thanks for the link zeal, it's not the pic I was looking for though.
    It had every PL combo, all in one pic made up of a bunch of smaller pics.
    I think it had a blue background.

Forgot I had pics of most of them already and made my own for now.
    Just in case anyone needs, here's most of the PL combos for kicks
    Energon Powerlnk Combos pictures by loebig - Photobucket

5. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

They did actually make Ironhide/Ratchet versions of that mold, but they were BotCon exclusives.

I actually rather like the Energon Inferno/Roadblock mold. (err... or is his name Grapple? Whatever)

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Roadblock was his name, but he couldn't be much more of a Grapple homage without a "GR4P13" number plate. Japanese was Inferno Volt, because the previous series already had Smokescreen renamed to Grapple.

Also, Takara-Tomy still has their Super Link site up, which shows many of the combinations:

http://www.takaratomy.co.jp/products/superlink/superlink/superlink.html

Last edited: Feb 6, 2010
  7. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Here's one for you: Prowl + fanclub Nightbeat. They can buddy up with SWAT Prowl and Checkpoint.

8. Renidragon

Those pics reminded me that I was interested in that Deluxe-sized Energon Prime... Got $180 of BBTS store credit coming my way, and they've got the Prime/Megatron 2-pack there... but I dunno. $70 is kind of a lot. I want to keep back enough for the FP Bruticus set, too. But oh so tempting.

9. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i may have this on my old PC... i'll try to look tomorrow when i get home from work...

10. Lumpy

News Credits:
    welll... this is all i found on my old PC... not quite the picture you're looking for is it? i coulda sworn i had another on there somewhere... guess not... you can always check out TFU.info and search for an energon figure and they usually have pictures of it combined with just about everyone...

Attached Files:

11. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

CM:

I don't have those, but I do still have some images of the combiners you made on a previous Energon kick. :D 

Attached Files:

12. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    as someone who bought most of them, i now feel perfectly ok in saying there is not a Deluxe or Voyager Autobot mold from Energon worth owning. They were all just too hamstrung by the combining gimmick. You were lucky if most of them looked decent in one mode, much less 2 or 3. They all had such terrible proportions.

I postulated quite a bit back in the day that If they'd made the Deluxes be dedicated arms/heads/upper torsos and the Voyagers be dedicated legs/abdomens, I think they could have pulled off much more satisfying combos.

Now the 'cons and Basic and Ultra Autobots from this line? THAT's another story. Energon Landmine and Mirage are still 2 of my all time favorite molds. (Mirage could sure use a decent repaint though, and extreme-tats boy was not it)

13. Renidragon

I respectfully disagree. :) 

I agree with some of this. Prowl, Downshift and Roadblock have decent proportions, though aside from Prowl, their articulation is severely limited. I don't see any issues with Ironhide and Jetfire's proportions (though Jetfire is kinda fat), and aside from Jetfire's arms, they have decent articulation. Of course, I will not argue that Ironhide's alt mode is pretty awful. I don't have Cliffjumper/Beachcomber, so I can't comment on him.

However, I find that they're still very fun to transform and otherwise play with. They're fun to mix and match. They're pretty crappy to display, admittedly, so if that's what you're after, no, they're not very good. They ARE flawed. But... they're still fun to goof around with. Though honestly, as far as a stand-alone figure, I don't see a whole lot wrong with Jetfire. His elbows are super high on his arms, but that's about it...

Of course, that's all just my opinion. I can very much understand why many people don't like any of those guys.

Sadly, Energon is when I started collecting, and back then I focused entirely on Alternators... till I got Barricade as a gift. I missed out on I think every other 'con, which is unfortunate, wish I had picked up more (especially the Constructicons, which ended up shelfwarming! Argh!). I only picked up one Ultra - Landquake. Wow. What a great, great toy. Still one of my favorites. So I'm with you on that.

14. Lumpy

News Credits:
    see Botcon Banzaitron... he looks sick... can't wait for mine to arrive this week... i've got all 3 versions of the mold now...

i'm with you... they're mostly very fun, however i do agree the combined modes definitely lacked... i think it would been really cool had deluxes been the top and voyagers the bottom... or even if certain toys were lower and others upper... that probably could have helped alot... but i still LOVE all my energon toys... best of the AEC IMHO...

15. Renidragon

I'm kinda sorta in the process of trying to downsize my collection. I put my Jetfire/Ironhide combo on the "to go" shelf, but I can't bring myself to let it go. I think it's still there now just because I'm too lazy to move it. Got them in a TRU 2-for-1 sale... Still one of my favorite $20 purchases. I think I may have been MUCH more disappointed if I had actually paid $20 each though... at least for Ironhide.

16. Autobus Prime

Autobus Prime Transit Former

Rd:

Inferno/Roadblock has fairly good articulation, for being a sturdy little chunk o' blocks, and I really like the way the two recolors look when powerlinked. It looks like something out of a Brave series. (Well, it would need some random animal heads or something, to be fully realized. :D )

(Attached image from TFU.info)

I also have an against-the-grain liking for Energon 'King of Shelfwarmers" Ironhide, of which I've got the green version (Ebay, $5. :D ) The vehicle mode has that thing on the roof, but other than that, it's a reasonably nice truck. The robot mode, however, is really great...big, chunky, and powerful-looking, especially if you give him his extended legs. Looking back, his character strikes me as a more loserly sort of Bulkhead, kind of a hapless recruit, straight off the Energon farm, so the alt-mode awkwardness seems to fit. :D 

Attached Files:

17. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The only Energon Autobot I like is probably Inferno. (I wish I had Roadblock, though.) I think he looks good either as a body or pants.

Renidragon, I understand how you would want to add more superlink combiner to your collection, but that deluxe Prime isn't worth that much money IMO.

18. Renidragon

Yeah, I ended up deciding against it. That's a little too much... I like em, but not THAT much!

19. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i kinda want the green one as well, and then i'd sell off my blue one... but i haven't made the decision to actively look for one in awhile...

and yeah, Inferno and Roadblock are awesome... i've got both and love combining them... they just rock so hard... love them...