Help keeping Ratchet alive!

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by smf2045, Jul 26, 2012.

1. smf2045

smf2045 Autobot Air Guardian

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Help!

I'm playing War for Cybertron on the X-box 360 and I'm stuck.

In chapter 8, in the Autobot campaign, I can't seem to get past the part where you have to fight off Decepticon snipers and keep Ratchet alive long enough so he can repair Omega Supreme completely. I've tried grabbing the turret or using it while stationary, I've tried the healing grenades, I've tried staying near Ratchet and ducking into cover when needed, but I always either get overwhelmed by sniper or aerial fire or Ratchet gets killed.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm real sick of this stage and would like to move on. Which character should I play it with -- Optimus, Warpath, or Ironhide?

I also find myself getting motion-sick a lot -- I'm playing the game on a widescreen HDTV and get dizzy after playing a while. Never had that happen before, though I also get it now when I try to play Batman:Arkham Asylum too.

Anyway, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    If you have xbox live I could help (through co-op) but not a the moment going shopping soon

3. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    You have to go to Ratchet sometimes and heal him, when he gets shot down.

4. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Try to go where the enemies are going to come from. When Optimus says the enemies are coming from the skies, I go up top, tun on the defense cannons and atotach to the turret. And don't forget to pick up an Ion Displacer whenever Heavy Weapons Soldiers dies.

Most importantly (it was ages before I discovered this) there's a room behind Omega Supreme where you can find third healing turret to turn on and three overshields.

5. ArmoredSwampert

ArmoredSwampert Literal Pokéformer

Use Warpath and place a barrier in front of Ratchet.

6. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

I just replayed this mission on Hard not too long ago, I mostly used the machine gun turrets (not the nucleon shock cannon one). Stay mounted as long as possible (like when the aerial drones start spawning) but detach when ground troops start coming in. Don't stick too close to Ratchet because you'll draw more fire his way, but don't go too far because you can revive him if he gets downed. I think the detached machine gun was accurate enough to pick off the snipers when they appeared, and they're pretty squishy so you don't need much ammo to beat them. I also made good use of the turret guns dropped by the titans that appear later on. And don't forget, there are 3 overshields in a tunnel behind Omega Supreme. I think I played as Optimus Prime on that part, but I don't remember for sure.

7. smf2045

smf2045 Autobot Air Guardian

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Argh...tried it again, zipped into the room with the extra armor first and then zipped up to the catwalks where the cannons are to take out Seekers. It seems like I don't take them out fast enough and Ratchet gets killed before I can get to him, or I get down there, revive him, and then get shot to bits by a brute while trying to find cover, more ammo, or replenish the extra armor. And yeah, I know you have to shoot a brute in the back.

If I survive that, the next wave descends and either kills me while I'm trying to heal Ratchet or kills Ratchet before I can get to him.

I'm playing Warpath, and before, I was playing Optimus. Not having tremendously more success.

I don't have an X-box Live Gold account -- too broke.

Not sure what I'm going to try next...

8. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 RLRR LRLL News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    there's a healing ray in a room adjacent to the room with one of Omega's release switches. i believe the room with the release switch will be on your left when you first reach the closed door leading to Omega's chamber. once you've taken a left into that room, take another left and there will be a smashable door.

if you know of ^ already, then i advise you use Warpath and his barrier ability

9. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Put a barrier infront of ratchet and then you can use that was cover as well but as soon as the shield is destroyed put another one up infront of ratchet as soon as possible