Help identifying a couple toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SectorStar, May 23, 2012.

1. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

My cousin that lives in California sent me a box of some transformer stuff today he knew I would like. I'm trying to get some more information on them. This is the first thing I got:

[​IMG]

A still sealed unopened Nemesis Prime. Said he got it at Comic Con in 2009. Now I know a lot of times the comic con figures end up on hasbro toy shop after comic con, so they're not quite as "rare" as one might think. Is there anyway to determine if something came from comic con or hasbro toy shop? I'm not calling him a liar or anything because I know he goes to a lot of those things, just curious because I see a lot on ebay marked as "comic con" exclusive going from anywhere from $50 to $300 or some asinine price when for all I know they coulda just ordered if off hasbro toy shop and are saying otherwise <_< I'm debating on rather or not I wanna open this as I actually have never owned a version of this mold.

This is the other thing I got from him:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A Japanese G1 Starscream, this however has been opened, the stickers haven't been applied though, but its missing one of the back funnels and a weapon, never the less I was still pretty happy to see a G1 figure and I know finding these with all their parts now and days can be rare sometimes. I took a picture of the front and back of the box. He said he got it a store in San Diego in 2001 that sold a lot of robot toys like transformers, Gundam, etc. My question is from looking at the box is there a way to determine if this is a G1 toy that came out in the 80's or a recent re-issue of the mold, as I know they re-issue things a lot in japan.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Starscream is the first japanese reissue. If the overall condition and plastic tray on the inside wasn't a dead giveaway, the website listed on the back would be.

As for Nemesis Prime, it was available both at SDCC and Hasbrotoyshop.com, and there's no difference between them. Where it was obtained has no impact on the value.

3. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    That's a reissue Starscream and a Comicon Nemesis Prime.

4. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

Your right, it does have a website doesn't it? <_< guess I missed that amongst the japanese text wow lol Out of curiosity what was the year re-issue for when this fig came out? The only copyright days I can see are the years in front of the box being 80 and 83.

5. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

6. jinx23

jinx23 Wrecker

Ebay:
    Agreed and starscream parts are really available

7. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

So in conclusion: Neither are terribly rare. Neither of them are worthless, but neither are hidden gems you can resell for obscene moolah.

Nemesis goes for about $50 on the secondary market, but if you like the color scheme and think you might like the figure, crack it open for yourself. I love the Voyager Prime mold, probably my single favorite OP mold.

For an unsealed, incomplete reissue Starscream... you're probably not going to get all that much, either. He gets reissued... a lot.