help! identify these custom heads!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ckhtiger, Mar 19, 2008.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

so I'm going to be copying some customs from the awesome freestyle, and I need help figuring out where these heads are from. the first is broadside:

http://pcwr.kt.fc2.com/top10/log162.htm

and the second is sandstorm. also, with this sandstorm, as I don't have the cliffjumper mold yet, any idea what the helicopter blades, gun, and tail rotor are from?

http://pcwr.kt.fc2.com/top9/log160.htm

2. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    no idea where the blades are from...and i think those are just scratch built, they dont look familiar....

and if this was in the TF toy discussion, you'd probably get more people to look at it. maybe a mod can move it

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    A part of me wants to say Broadside is a modified Sixshot head.

4. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

ah, ok. I put it here cuz I don't know if those heads or blades were actually from transformers...

5. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Autobot/Decepticon

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    The Broadside is just a modifed Tidal wave head you can tell by the boxes on either side of the head. He basically just filled in and shaved down the face and top of the head. The Sandstorm is just a E. Cliffjumper head with the "goggles" shaved off.

6. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I also wonder if he somehow "merged" the Classics Jetfire face onto Tidal Wave head. That's sorta what it looks like to me.

His triple-change mode for Sandstorm is genius. Very, very awesome.

7. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

As Doubleclouder said, there's nothing extra there; Broadside's head is just modded from Tidalwave's existing head, and if you open up E-Cliffjumper's head, you'll find he has the rest of his face behind the goggles; Freestyle's just cut the goggles out to reveal it.
    And the gun is again one of the ones that comes with Cliffjumper.

I don't know about the rotors; to be honest they look like the blades themselves could just be strip styrene. The shafts use Cliffjumper's missiles as a base, evidenced by the fact that they're plugged into the launchers at various points (the tail rotor fits into one in chopper mode, and the main rotot fits in robot mode). Which just leaves the rotary mountings, which I'm at a loss to identify.

8. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i was digging through the rest of his site and that dude is totally awesome...i'm so bloody impressed...too bad i cant read it all, that'd make it way easier then going link by link and seeing what i get

9. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    They're modified original heads that he makes for the most part. He doesn't just take heads from other toys and pop 'em on to the ones he makes. He either sculpts them from scratch or modifies the original head.

As for the rotors on Sandstorm, I'm pretty sure he scratchbuilt 'em. He does that sometimes for some of his customs.

And Tidal Wave's face/head is a LOT bigger than Classics Jetfire's. There's no way he used Jetfire's for that Broadside. Besides, it was made before Classics even came out.

10. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

sweet guys, that makes me feel a lot better. now I don't have to go out and buy anything more for the heads.

and man, this guy's a repaint genius. for those that want to see some more, my two other favorites are all of the decepticon triple changers using each of jetfire's a/e/c molds:

http://pcwr.kt.fc2.com/top9/log159.htm

and big powered (dai atlas, et. al):

http://pcwr.kt.fc2.com/top7/log126.htm

and here's his basic menu. click on them all and enjoy an hour's time well spent :thumb 

http://pcwr.kt.fc2.com/log2.htm