help! I wanna play mgs3 online with you guys

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by ckhtiger, Aug 30, 2006.

1. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    I finally got this game, but can't find the thread where people had posted their user names. I don't know if it got deleted, or I'm just a dunce. anyway, I also have NO IDEA how to get my ps2 online. I got it used, and never had an instruction book. do you have to pay, or can I just plug in my internet cable, put in the mgs disc, and jump online?

2. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

Did you get a ps2 with an ethernet port on it?

3. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    If you don't, eBay "PS2 network adapter," or some variation of those words. You should be able to find one online...whether it's at a price that's satisfactory to you is another issue.

4. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    hmmm, I don't know. I've got one of the original-type ps2s. didn't they remove it to make the slim? anyway, do you have to pay for a playstation service to get online or anything like that?

5. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

MGS3 is free online.

Since you bought a first style fat PS2, you now have to buy yourself a Network Adaptor. The newer Slim PS2s came with it inside the machine.

I wonder if you got the right version of MGS3 now....

6. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    With the old fat PS2s (like mine), there are instructions on how to install the network adapter. Basically, remove the network adapter expansion panel on the back of the PS2, and then plug in your new adapter. Run the accompanying CD (to set up your PS2's system to accept the adapter) and you're good to go...sign up with MGS3's user service, anyway. It's free, but after you get an MGS3 username/password/etc, THEN you're ready to start playing. :) 

7. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    I definitely got the right version, I picked up substenance. I've been thinking about getting a new slim ps2 though, since the svideo output of my old one makes the tv flash whenever the signal is a dark screen. thanks guys!

8. jet convoy

jet convoy Beast Wars Forever!!!

We should make a TFW2005 MGO game. Maybe over the weekend, because now that I've begun college and work I barely have time during the week.