Help getting Revoltech replacement?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Starscream NZ, Apr 12, 2008.

1. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got my Revoltech Starscream two days ago, and I noticed straight away in the package that his right arm wasn't in the joint correctly. "Nevermind" I thought. "It's just a ball joint, it'll just pop back in and it'll be fine." - I was wrong. The revoltech joint does NOT like to stay in it's socket, so displaying him is a bitch because movement makes his hand fall off. Also, the lower arm (blue part) is quite weak on it's joint, and has fallen off of it's own accord as well.

I went to try fill out the Takara form for product problems, but the babelfish translation confused me more than the japanese text did. So I tried google, but then realised that it's a different company that produce Revoltechs (Kaiyodo), so I looked at their website and couldn't find anything.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can get a replacement for my Starscream - I am digging the figure and am considering getting a Prime and Rodimus too, but I'd really like to get a good condition Starscream first. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Can't you return it from where you got it for an exchange?

3. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I own a few Revoltechs and you can usually just force the revo-joints back in. Though, admittedly, it takes a bit of force. I had a similar problem with my Megatron's shoulder and a good push was all it took... or if you can get some Revoltech has special pliers to help with messing with the joints. Revoltech joints are made to be pulled apart and put back together... they even sell replacement joints on the Revoltech website. I think if you fiddle with it enough you should be able to put it back in.

The other option is to possibly contact the store that you got it from and they may issue you a replacement. I know if you got it from BBTS that you should have no problem getting a replacement.

4. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope, I ordered one through a friend who orders direct from a supplier in Singapore, no actual store was involved. I've tried forcing the joint back in but it doesn't like to stay in there, it does pop out again pretty easily....

5. Prometheum5

Prometheum5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, if you didn't import it from a real store like HLJ or whatever than there's really no way to expect an exchange... and Takara didn't make them anyway, so that won't help you. RT's are made by Kaiyodo, who's also Japanese.