help deciding between official and custom MP trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by KA, Dec 13, 2006.

1. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    hey guys,

need help with the above. price is not the issue here so it boils down to this:

- i like the custom because it has the yellow/orange canopy, roller. but ive never seen the packaging pics. is it niiiiiice? /borat

- i like the mp4 version because of the modern details and packaging, but dont like the red canopy, dont want an extra prime and it doesnt have roller :( 

tellmetellmetellme

2. CyclopianVision

CyclopianVision Banned

Went with the custom one off ebay myself. The dallanjj one.

3. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    thats the one i'm talking abt here.

4. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

Hey dude. I've got dalianj's trailer, and I've had the MP-04 in hand. Here's the scoop, in my opinion anyway.

Dalianj's - Way cool. The thing is huge. It is an exact replica of the G-1 trailer. The missiles fire, roller launches, same sticker sheet. It's really really well made. Feels nice and solid, the door latches really firmly, as do the halves of the trailer. The packaging is super-nice, the same style as the MP figures, comes packaged in big styrofoam insert. Has nice available extras as well: bigger tires, glossy sticker sheet, anime-accurate silver roller (ten bucks each at one time, maybe different now).

Some of the downsides- it has no up-grades of any kind. The mechanism for launching roller is pretty weak. It's hard to get mine to fire. The pins in the turrets mast are a little loose, so making some poses is impossible (for mine anyway, might be different for others). The sticker sheet is of good, but not great fit and quality.

MP-04's trailer - This thing is actually quite beautiful. It's a wicked good up-grade of the trailer. The connector piece for Prime is underneath a retractable stand for it when not attached to Prime. It has built-in clips for Prime's weaponry (Photon Rifle, Megatron, and Energy Axe). I can't remember if the missiles fire, the the mast of the turret has ratchet joints, so posing it is super-easy. It has crazy detailing on the inside, and while I can't let the cat out of the bag, I know there's a crazy-wicked extra being done for the trailer's interior...I've seen in, and it's one of the coolest things I've ever seen. It also has really nice chrone details on the underside. It's super-sturdy, and is just all around beautiful.

Some downsides - the obvious being it doesn't come with Roller. That does really suck. It's also shorter, but that may not matter to you, and I don't think it's by much. The stripes down the side of the trailer are a little different as well. There's more white than blue. It bugged me for about a second, then I got over it. I think it's a nice variation on the original. There is also the issue of paying for another Prime. This could go either way. I'm happy about it because I'm going to kitbash the other figure. You could also hold on to it in case something happens to your original. Or probably get a decent price for it on ebay or something.

Personally, I like the red canopy, but because I think of this trailer as an update. If you want exact G-1, go for dalianj's. It is really really nice.

If you want the MP-04, but are hesitant because of the lack of Roller, there's some options. I have a blue and silver Roller for my trailer...spent the extra ten bucks for the anime silver one. So that one will go into my MP-04 trailer when I get the bucks together for it. The blue will stay with Dalianj's and go with MP-02. I'm not sure if it's possible, but you may be able to contact Dalianj and just get a Roller from him. I bought mine after the fact of buy the trailer. I'm pretty sure Mark(who did the MP-02 armor is doing a MP Roller for MP-04.

I don't have any problems owning more than one trailer, so it's a non-issue for me. If you only want one or the other, depends what you're really after. Hope this helps dude. Enjoy whichever one you end up with...they both kick all kinds of ass.

5. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    thx for the post quantumus.

i like how the mp4 can hold the mp1 access. and the details are nicer but at usd130++ off the shelf, i can get a better deal with dalianjj's at just over usd100 (WITH shipping to boot), the difference is abt usd25 but ive actually got enough for either.

theres also the fact i might not be able to get dalianjj's later down the line - no prob with takara stuff here.

6. Quantum

Quantum Oh good

totally good points. I totally endorse owning both, they friggin rock.

7. Golgo-013

Golgo-013 The Professional

I would go with MP-04. Its worth it in every way and its official.

8. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have both the custom and MP-04 (but haven't opened it yet). The custom trailer I've seen a ton of since I did a group buy for them. The roller launcher you got must be a dud because the ones I've seen shoot the little guy pretty far and fast. The missile lauchers are a little more hit or miss. The biggest problem was the looseness of the turret mast but with some creativity it'll hold most poses.

I actually have all three trailers made but dont' have anywhere to display them other wise I'd post some pics.

9. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I have the custom trailer as well. I really like it. The packaging is nice but mine was shipped to me in a giant packaging envelope so a couple of the corners got dinged. With mine the launcher mechanism for Roller is hair triggered. I swear if I sneeze at it it'll fire!

I didn't know about the silver roller option, I did buy the long smoke stacks though. One note about the stickers, make sure they're where you want them. The adhesive is top notch and youll rip the stickers if you try to lift and relocate them.

10. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

This is what I'm leaning towards. I've been debating this issue for a few weeks now! ;) 

11. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    I've got the MP-04 trailer. Ages 3 and Up was selling the trailer alone when it came out, so I jumped on the offer and placed an order.

Dailannddkjsfhkjh's (I always have a hard time spelling that) is a blown-up G1 trailer. Although very cool, it lacks the detailing of the MP-04.

12. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

whhhhhhaaaaaaaaattttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was possible to order JUST the -04 trailer?!?! aw man. is it still possible to get them? I'd love to get one, but I got one of the dalianjj ones for like $100 shipped. well, at least I got a roller.

13. Nerd Bomber

Nerd Bomber Consulting your needs

official products win.

14. Golgo-013

Golgo-013 The Professional

Its always nice to have an extra MP Prime anyway. MP-04 was my 3rd not counting MP Magnus.