Help! Broken 07 Leader Prime!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ryan F, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out! TFW2005 Supporter

Sep 27, 2009
    News Credits:
    Hi guys, I'm hoping perhaps one of you guys might be able to help.

I have an 07 leader prime, but i discovered over the weekend that my wife has inadvertantly snapped one of the rubberised smokestacks clean off.

Ordinarily, i'd just go out and buy a replacement figure off ebay (money is no object), but alas the Prime in question is the Takara Premium version with the chrome paint scheme. Having checked with ebay and the usual retailers, I can't find a copy for sale (from anywhere that ships to the UK, at least).

So, being unable to buy a replacement, my only other option is to replace the part (I have some other 07 Primes I can cannibalise). Trouble is, I've had a look at the toy, and I can't seem to find a way to switch the parts around - there aren't many screws on Prime's torso - it looks as if the whole body is clipped or glued into place. I don't want to force anything for risk of further breakage, and I don't want to ruin the electronics within.

So, basically is there any way to perform a switcheroo on the smokestacks without spoiling the toy? Or am I going to have to resort to superglue?

Many thanks in advance!