HELP! ANOTHER fake Metroplex??

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by kingjace, Mar 7, 2009.

1. kingjace

kingjace Well-Known Member

Well, I was walking around the local mall and looking through the toy section when I saw something that made me double back.

Encore Metroplex for the equivalent price of $66. You can imagine how I felt at the time. I was planning to get a Metroplex online for more than that plus shipping so I thought the heavens were looking down upon me with a smile.

I quickly grabbed it and inspected the package and low and behold, I saw the same H22080 with a square indentation around it, as well as all the signs of the fake from the other threads are there.

I pointed this out to the manager and it was off the shelf for a while but then when they placed it back on display, there were 2 of them now!!! For the same price, and the manager insisted they were real.

I'd like to think the best of people but I just can't help shake the feeling that they are cutting their losses of getting fakes and instead of returning it, they are still selling to regain profit.

If anyone could post pictures of a certified original Encore Metroplex box so I can compare details, I'd be really grateful. I'd post some pics but my camera-phone makes them look too blurry for discernment.

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
  3. kingjace

I suppose so, but I just can't help feeling sorry for the dude who does buy it. From what I hear it's pretty good for a knock off except that your still paying top dollar for it. :scalper 

Yep, definitely fake, thanks man.:thumbs2: 

4. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    One thing to remember is that a stamp of H2208 with that spacing does not automatically indicate it is a KO Metroplex. My own shipment had that stamp, with the same spacing, and the provenance of that shipment was unquestionable. H2208 just happens to be the stamping that the bootleggers copied.

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes, it is a real KO.

6. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Who are you replying to?

7. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's a joke to the OP.

8. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

Out of curiousity, what store was carrying the Metroplex? Was it any kind of nationwide chain?

9. kingjace

It's a chain of malls in the Philippines called Gaisano:D 

See the supervisor's son of the one in my city is this hardcore toy collector, so the toy section is amazing. It's usually the LAST place in the world to get new waves of just about any toy but they do certainly deliver when it comes to selection. They don't only sell Hasbro but Takara-Tomy, too. Usually just Encores but we get some Master Pieces and a stock of superlink and the Japanese version of Armada. Manager says he's even expecting some Henkei in the next couple of months. We even get SDCC toys up for sale here, even Pimp daddy Destro (Which is understandably reidiculously overpriced for his size, roughly two thirds of a master piece megs:scalper ).

So overall, I'm gonna keep patronizing their stores despite this little Metroplex debacle. :D 

10. kingjace

That's waht I thought too, but I've confirmed that the rectangular identation bordering it is a dead give away. It sucks, kinda like a carrot being dangled in front of me only to find out it's full of maggots:horse: