help/advice in game choosing

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by NotFastEnuff, Nov 27, 2006.

1. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    Hi everyone. This isn't normally an area that I post in, just lurk, but I'd really appreciate some help and advice. My kids and I are getting a x box 360 and God willing, a Wii for Christmas. After dumping the $$$ on the systems, I'll likely only have enough left for one game for each system. I've got the old systems that we can use games from too, so we do have that going for us.

Anyway, if you were going to buy 1 game for the 360 and 1 for the Wii, what would they be? Also, need to be rated T or gentler.

Thanks.

2. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Zelda and lego star wars. Both are pretty cool games with lots of replay value.

3. Atomsplitter

Atomsplitter Needs a new title.

Zelda definately, but choosing a T or lower game for the 360 is hard.

4. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

If you want family games for the Wii: Wii Sports, WarioWare, Mario Party 8 (think its 8 now), Tony Hawk.

5. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Zelda: Twilight Princess for Wii is, bar none, the best game for the system, but it is rated T for a lot of sword swinging and action, but no blood. If you need something more kid friendly, Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz and Rayman: Raving Rabbids get good reviews, and keep in mind Wii consoles come with Wii Sports which is also family friendly.

For the 360, most top rated games are rated M because the system is aimed for older teens and online gamers. If your kids are younger and like the show, Viva Pinata gets good scores. If not, cant go wrong with Lego Star Wars 2, fun game for everyone and with everyone made of Lego people you dont have to worry about much violence.

6. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    No point in suggesting anything for the Wii. The choice is pretty obvious.

The 360 is a tough one to be sure. Lego Star Wars 2 is definitely a good choice. If you don't want that though, the new Sonic game is out. That's sure to be fun. Other than those two, I can't really think of anything else.

7. peeman

peeman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi yeh remember the wii comes with wii sports so you already have one game, theres no blood in zelda but monkey ball blitz has also had great review. As for the 360 why not consider a racing game like test drive or project gothem

8. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

I'd hook the 360 up online and try out some of the game demos first (most every game has a demo).

Personally I liked Kameo. Its got a nice Fantasy world, almost old school story book world to it. Not too hard of a game, changes things up a bit every now and then, and it has two player co-op through the action stages. You can also get it on the cheap now too.

9. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Are the kids Boys? Go with MArvel Ultimate Alliance for the 360 and play it with them.

10. Mr Grimm

Mr Grimm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd agree with that. Both Project Gotham and Test Drive are brilliant.

11. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Meep

News Credits:
    360 owner w/ a small child here:

Viva Pinata & Lego Starwars 2 both rock.

12. NotFastEnuff

NotFastEnuff I'm a smartass...

Ebay:
    Thanks to everyone that posted. So far, I've gotten the 360, and it's under the tree. Managed to pick one up with a free Burnout Revenge, so..BONUS! Still furiously looking for a Wii! ARG! I missed them by less than an hour on Monday. Anyway, thanks again, and I'll be looking for Lego SW definately, as well as a few others you've pointed out. Thanks again.

Oh yeah, for those asking, both boys. Hopefully you'll see us a Botcon this year.