Hellsing Ultimate; where'd you go?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Master Blaster, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So recently a few friends got me into anime, and I started by watching Hellsing. All good, bit screwy but a good cartoon. Then, I moved on to the OVAs which were meant to be truer to the manga and boy, are they awesome. Far better story and VA, especially for a dub!

Which brings me round to my question. I've watched Ultimate parts 1-4, but parts 5-10 don't seem to have english dubs? I did a little research and found that the company producing them, Geoneon, went under sometime in 2009, but Funimation were supposed to be picking up where they left off.

It's 2011 now and I can't find hide nor hair of the dubs for Ultimate five through ten. Anyone know anything about the situation? It's a massive shame, the dubs are far superior to the originals (the accents are superb!!).

2. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Last time I checked 8, 9 and 10 haven't even come out in Japan yet.

3. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's good :lol  I suppose the licensing for parts 5, 6 and 7 are still up in the air.

I can live with that, was just rather worried the series had dropped into the bureaucratic black hole of licensing law.

4. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    The episodes are being released extremely sporadically. 7 came out in December 2009, and 8 is supposedly being released in June.

5. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Funimation has the licenses for parts 5 - 7 and are supposedly intending to release them sometime this year, but I couldn't find much concrete information to confirm it.

6. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    The thing to understand is these are like the DCD Direct to dvds, only in japan they cost much more and each one pays for the next one. Often they don't start on the next volume till the previous one has sold enough copies. This is why some OVA series in Japan were never finished or had an unsatisfing or rushed ending.

7. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aye, I just stumbled across this Hellsing Ultimate? [Archive] - Bleach Exile Forums

One of the posters mentions the same thing being said at an anime expo. So guess we'll just have to sit tight and wait! As long as they don't go the way of Beserk like Tekka hints at. I'm sure FMA B and Ghost in the Shell can entertain me til the next installment!