Hello, My Name is Soundwave. You Killed My Pet. Prepare to Die.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Matt Starr, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Matt Starr

Matt Starr Well-Known Member

"....I want my Ravage back, you son of a bitch."

Who wouldn't like to see Soundwave throwdown with Bumblebee in an epic grudge match we'll still be talking about 10 years from now?

Soundwave could, and SHOULD if Michael Bay were to expand upon his own continuity, easily hold a personal vendetta against Bumblebee for killing his partner; even in Michael Bay's movieverse, Ravage is Soundwave's rightful minion.

Will Bumblebee/one of the mainstream moviegoer's 2 favorite characters die in Dark of the Moon--of course not. But I would love to see them battle, and for Soundwave to at least grievously injure Bumblebee the way Starscream did himself FOUR years ago.

One thing that concerns me is that Soundwave has not been present in any of the leaked promotional materials other than some video game promos, nor has his toy been even glimpsed at (while most of the other characters already have), so I am hoping this doesn't mean he won't play an integral, exciting role in the film rather than the very small role he had in the last film.

How about you? Dare to dream with me?

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Starscream? Oh, the whole "blow off BB's legs" bit. Yeah, I could go for that, maybe Soundwave ripping off one of his arms.

But we DO know Laserbeak is at the very least getting a toy, and something resembling a giant robot condor has been seen in pictures, so unless Laserbeak is an independent character, his master should be around.

3. Barricade24

Barricade24 Decepticop Artist

News Credits:
    I though Soundwave resurrected Ravage in the comics pending he didn't die again.

4. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hopefully soundwave kills bumblebee, they wanna show casualties, kill bumblebee

5. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Soundwave is in the movie and at least goes to Earth. How large his role is though? Nobody knows.

6. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    I'd like to see a fight between Soundwave and Bumblebee, as long as Bumblebee doesn't die.

7. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    It would be cool if they did. I'd like to see it, and at least some grievous damage done to Bumblebee, but I can't say I want him to die. Don't want Soundwave to die either.

I think it could be a pretty interesting fight. Laserbeak pecks around at Bumblebee's face while Soundwave delivers some serious blows to the 'bot, maybe tearing of an arm as Autobot Burnout said, and then Bumblebe grabs Laserbeak and uses him to hit Soundwave, and Soundwave retreats before Bumblebee, I dunno, steps on Laserbeak maybe?

I'd be up for seeing it! :) 

8. ArtistOfWar59

ArtistOfWar59 Stunticon

Soundwave and Bumblebee, in a battle of complete robotic carnage, and a possiblity of Bumblebee dying to the superiority of Soundwave, fueled by the goal to avenge the death of Ravage?

Sounds good to me.

9. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I wished that soundwave would have 3 ejectors (is that what we are calling them these days?) in the movie but i am fine with lazerbeak and I will scream with joy if soundwave kills bee.

10. Geewun1

Geewun1 Well-Known Member

Soundwave is already on Earth in "Rising Storm 2". He appears to have a Mercedes logo on his chest in the one body-illustration that there is in it.

11. rodriguez256

rodriguez256 Well-Known Member

Hell yea, this is what I said in another thread awhile back. Soundwave and bee would be a perfect match.

12. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    That would be cool to see bumblebee vs soundwave and lazerbeak. plus it makes sense cuz it was said that in the next trailer we're gonna see, lazerbeak takes off with sam. that would FOR SURE provoke Bee into a fight with 'Beak and soundwave would come in to defend his pet. also does anyone know if ravage is coming back?maybe as a cameo? cuz in the comics before dotm ravage is resurrected.

13. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't want them to fight. And for one reason and one reason only: Bumblebee will kill him like hes Bantha Fodder. Just like he did Brawl, Ravage, and Rampage. Bay overpowers Autobots so it's bound to happen. Soundwave is one of my favorite characters I don't want him to just get killed like that, especially by movie BB.

14. Matt Starr

Matt Starr Well-Known Member

Heck yeah. :cool: 

Totally understand your viewpoint. No, I don't want him to die in the movieverse either (and I doubt every Decepticon will die in this movie; I'm also hoping for some meaningful Autobot deaths to go with the carnage).

Of course, in EVERY continuity of Transformers not including the movieverse, there isn't one in which Soundwave versus Bumblebee in a head-to-head matchup would NOT result in a Soundwave victory. It's obvious who has the upperhand there.

It wasn't until Bumblebee became extremely popular following TRANSFORMERS (2007) that Bay decided to make him overly powerful. I think he was depicted as appropriately powerful in the first movie, but as sometimes happens during the course of a movie franchise, the breakout star will be given too much ability, power, and supposed "cool" moments (see Legolas in Return of the King).

It wouldn't necessarily even have to be a fight to the death. It could just be a massive fight, and if Soundwave were to even partially deliver some injury to Bee (before perhaps moving on to bigger fish to fry in the midst of the battle), most of us it seems would be pretty happy. :cool: 

15. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:

16. megatron66

megatron66 OD'd on candy

YAY! death to Bumblebee! I want that to happen! Doom to the Bee!!! :D 

17. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    Pics or it didn't happen.

18. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

Brawl - That fight lasted ages and took a group of soldiers, Ironhide, Ratchet, Jazz and Bumblebee to take him out. Bumblebee just delivered the final blow, it was still a pretty tough fight.

Ravage - He's pretty small and not very powerful so was outmatched by Bumblebee. His ambush clearly didn't go to plan, probably due to his primitive nature.

Rampage - Again this fight lasted quite a while, Bumblebee was most likely fighting extra hard to protect Sam. Rampage still got pretty close to hitting him a few times.

Bumblebee is tough, but I wouldn't say he's overpowered. Put him against Megatron and he wouldn't stand a chance.

19. Sideways77

Sideways77 some garbage is okay

News Credits:
    Yes! For Brawl, Rampage, Ravage, and Kitchenbots!

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Bring on Soundwave being a badass.

I just wished he had the Animated Soundwave's Kamina shades. Now that;s badass.