Hello G1 collectors

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Hyperoptic, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Wait a minute, what is this section called "Social Group Memberships" in our profile?
    Couldn't we just start a group and post there? How does it work?

2. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Hello and welcome! I've been into Transformers since I was 7 when they 1st came out. I had a large collection as a child that mainly survived. I didn't regain interest in Transformers until the Robots In Disguise Cartoon/TV Show came around in 2001 with the reintroduction of the Autobots and Decepticons.

I have been collecting ever since. I am not limited to G1, however it is my favorite and was the line I dove into when I 1st started to recollect along with RID. I have a complete G1 set for the 1984-87 series that corresponded with the TV show. I have some stuff from 88 to the end, however it is just really what I liked. I have one Japanese vintage figure, Raiden and I have the reissues of SoundBlaster and Twincast. A good amount of my G1 is boxed. All the large figures are, like FOrt Max, Metroplex etc.

I really loved the Alternators and Binaltechs as I felt they were G1 reborn. I have complete sets of both of those lines.

3. malteselegacy

malteselegacy Galvatron

Welcome aboard

I have been collecting since 2002 when I first saw the G1 reissues.
    I enjoyed the original tv series. I am in my mid thirties now and have all of the 1984-87 G1 line that were in the tv series minus Fortress Maximus. I also have the complete Animated line also who were in the tv series. I also have the entire Transformers 2007 line that again were in the movie along with ROTF just waiting to get Arcee and Grindor!

Oh yeah also have all of the G1 Robot Heroes minus Ravage.

Hope you have fun here.

4. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  5. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    there is a g1 collectors group already, go down to the social groups and have a looks you'll see it

6. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Hi and thanks for the welcome,
    Raiden, SoundBlaster and Twincast eh... Sounds like someone watched the Japanese Headmasters Series :wink:  Raiden is amongst the top wants on my list, just really hard to find one affordable and in good shape.
    BTW, very cool collection :thumb 

7. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Thanks and Hi!
    Did you pass on a Fort Max cuz of his price or is he just a litle bit too big for now? I know I waited a while to get him because of both reasons at 2 different times. Oh, and as mentioned before, I fell hard for the animated line too! Movie lines, not so much.

8. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
  9. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Ok cool, thanks! I just joined...
    How does it work? You just spam messages on there?

10. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    it's just like a thread basically, you can talk with the other G1 collectors in there

11. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Thanks, I think I have an fantastic one :)  LOL It's huge I know that.

12. bob_fett

bob_fett Active Member

I too, just joined a few weeks ago. I loved the cartoon and had only a few smaller G1 as a kid because they were too expensive (and I had about every GI Joe and Star Wars toys already). I started collecting TF figs when ROTF came out. I bought a ton of the ROTF figs but they just weren't the same. Some, very complicated to transform and were plastic. I just sold them all and started collecting G1 that I never had as a kid that I wanted. I've started w/ my absolute favorite figs. My first, of course was Soundwave w/Buzzsaw. Then I acquired Ravage w/Rumble and finally DEVASTATOR! This guy was the iconic fig that everybody wanted. I purchased a mint, complete one from a buddy of mine on a Star Wars forum for $75! Just received it the other day and I am having a blast with him!

13. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I wished I could say the same, but I've still got little casualties. :) 

G1A, your collection is what I'm attaining to get, or close to it. You can see from my Want List (in my sig) that I'm decently close. :) 

BTW, you need to take a slew of photos for the collections gallery. Tell plowking that I sent ya :) 

14. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Welcome Bob!
    I know what you mean about getting the G1s you always wanted to start of your collection. When my Skylynx arrived a few years back, all the memories of my childhood came back with it. One of my friends had him back then and never let me play with him. It felt sooo good to transform and display him :) 

15. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Cool. By looking at your list, it's funny to see that the same ones elude you as did me. Especially some of those pesky Micromaster Transports lol

Will do :thumbs2: 

16. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i'm not really a completest lol in any form for any line, but i do like buy g1's still. even with all the "new" toys out. but personally i just care about getting all the first year toys. reissues or not lol.

17. BradTheMad

BradTheMad Well-Known Member

Cool more G1 collectors who are newbies here. I'm not really a collector in the sense that I want to complete a series; I just want the toys I used to own or couldn't own but wanted to trade my soul for :p 
    The only toy I still own from age 6 is my G1 Megatron and it's in pretty good state as I was very careful with toys I liked. I used to own an Optimus Prime as well but I don't want to tell OP-fans the horror story that accompanies its errr...demise.
    I was the Decepticon-kid in my area as I only wanted the bad guys "cus they're cool!" that and all the other kids liked Autobots and even at that age I was a rebel.

The G1's I'm currently looking for are Thundercracker, Shockwave, Rumble and Frenzy. With them I'll have the complete season 1 Decepticon cast complete. After that I'll be looking into Constructicons (already own Long Haul and Hook) and the Stunticons.
    There's no telling which ones will be added after that...
    I also collect other series, even series I didn't really like, as long as the toy looks cool and it's a Decepticon/Destron I'll get it. Lately I've been going nuts with the movie toys.

18. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

Ditto on me.
    Still have a dozen or so figures from when I was a kid, but it was the 07 movie that caused my spark to fire again.
    G1 will forever be the sweetest for me, though some of the newer lines are excellent too.

19. ZombiePrime

ZombiePrime Zombicon Destroyer

I collect mostly G1, off and on since I was a kid. Other than that I basically get what I see and like. I have mostly Decepticons and am a few pieces here and there from having a full G1 decepticon collection.

20. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

Hi there G1A, good to meet ya and welcome to the forums this is a pretty fun place to be. I have about 200 g1 toys and have been collecting for just under a year now. My current endeavors include completing Metroplex and Scorponok (which has been less than easy, it can be troublesome finding parts for scorponok). Anyway welcome to the forums and enjoy.