Hello G1 collectors

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Hyperoptic, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Nice!
    Which 4 are you missing from 84?

2. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Nice to "meet" you shockwave :) 

3. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

I grew up on TFs. In 84 I got Windcharger + Huffer at the grand opening of my areas TRU. I was hooked at the age of 7. Hit it hard until I was about 11 or so, when I started to discover things like girls, and skateboards.:)  Fast forward to 03. My wife got me Alt. Dead End, and like a long lost glove, it was a perfect fit. The g1 TRU re-issue thing was in full effect, and I was right back on a tear that continues to this day. I have alot of g1 action. (I'm not a complete completist though) I've got all of 84, 85, and I need 2 figures from 86 to finish off that year. I have alot of 87 action as well. All complete and most (even some re-issues) have been restored to as minty as they can get. I also really enjoy all of the g1 re-paints too. I dont just collect g1 though. I love alts, and really went all in with the TFA line. Didnt really go out of my way to see the show, but I think the TFs are great. (most of them anyway). Also really like the universe2.0 line as well, and have almost all of those too. Didnt really get into the first Bay movie stuff, I have a couple of the deluxes. ROTF on the other hand, I'm getting into. I like some of the new and unique looking TFs in this line so far. I dont really have much in the way of Japanese or European vintage stuff. A little bit though. With TFs, I really only put the money, time, and effort into figures that I'm either interested in or intrigued with. My collection doesnt really have any figures that I'm "meh" about.

4. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Hi and Thanks for the welcome Cascadia!

I'm curious, which mexican do you have? I managed to get my hands on the blue BBee :) . Also, which character collection do you have?

5. Cascadia

Cascadia Mt. St. Hilary

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My Mexican figure is the black Prowl. My character collections: Bluestreak, Smokescreen, Prowl, and Jazz.

6. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'll probably end up doing the exact same thing when I get mine...
    It's good to know that you found one, some people on these boards seem to think it's impossible to own a BZ without it breaking at one point or another.

7. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    I see you count the eHobby's in that "G1" Seeker list lol
    I took the bait on Ghost Ss and Sunstorm as well :) 
    I'm soooo happy to see that there are a few completists around here. :D  My first impression was that a lot of people on these boards didn't relate to completists or line collectors.

8. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Hi faithingruden,
    Funny you say alts what got you back into TFs... Me too! remember seeing Smokescreen on one of my coworker's desk and said: WTF is that!!! Got an eBay account after that and haven't looked back since. lol. I can relate to the TFA interest, I also fell hard for that line.

9. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Diaclone versions of these as well?

10. Cascadia

Cascadia Mt. St. Hilary

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bluestreak--2 Diaclones (silver and black-hooded); Prowl--Diaclone; Jazz--I have a Diaclone; Smokescreen--I do not have the Diaclone.

11. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    welcome to the board and nice to meet u too!!!

12. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Very cool

13. wan_de_real

wan_de_real Transformizer

Ebay:
    me too like to share the GeeWon hype...im just collecting G1 just startig around 4 years ago..just into 1/24 size G1 figures like MP, Alt, Bt and anything that old or classic figures that suit to 1/24 sizes...my aim is to complete all G1 character for that size..that mean i hav to custom anything that where is no mass-production available..i'll already done Bt Bumblebee,Alt Mirage,Blaster,Jazz,Perceptor,Rodimus,MP Sixshot,MP Thundercracker,MP Soundwave,Shockwave,Frenzy,Reflector...and just got MP Ramjet and MP Quintessons..all is articulated and given G1 treatment as close to cartoon style..my recent built is MP Magnus Trailer to form with MP2..and there is pipeline with ALt Ironhide,Alt Ratchet,Supreme Size Omega Supreme, MP Jetfire,MP Devastator, all 3 Mp Insecticon and there is MP Thrust and MP Dirge will coming into my collection soon..and there will be along term plan for the rest of G1 line for objective to complete it..

this is not to derail at all..just to share the awesomeness of G1 hype...you can click to my blog to see those G1 1/24 line....Till All Are GeeWon!

14. menasor73ct

menasor73ct Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    bluestreak,ironhide,ratchet,and wheeljack

15. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    Welcome man :) 

16. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Welcome, buddy. Just make sure ol' supersquads doesn't catch ya :lol 

17. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Hey

Had a large collection of G1 with boxes from when I was a kid I sold in 2000 to buy a BMW and generally piss up the wall, Have rebuilt 99% of it now though, but still no Gnaw :( . Was toying with selling everything again to buy a jetski, but realised I just love it too much :thumb 

18. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, but I bought MISB to be safe... and while I have opened it, he's never been out of the styro. Can always fiddle with Scorponok if I need to; no sense in risking BZ.

19. mweeuser

mweeuser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It all started as a young kid and that damned cartoon for me. That's why I haven't gotten the deluxes yet for my 1985 set, since they weren't in the show. But I do want to get them since they are some nice toys. I did have a whirl as a kid that got lost so would like that one sooner rather than later. I have no interest in g1 past the 1987 line, again they weren't in the toon, and I really thought the line went south at that point. I'll focus more on new stuff then. I love the masterpieces, alternator/binaltech, universe 2.0., I even just pickedup a rotf leader prime cause, well wow!

20. leov36

leov36 Rubber Wheel'd UM

Instagram:
    hi, my name is leo, i just joined also, im 28 and started watching the g1 cartoon and collecting the toys when i was five. I had a crap ton of g1 figures but of coarse broke them, lost them, or threw them away as i got older.
    currently i collect just about anything that i think is cool, and i have no desire to collect an entire series of anything, becuase i have no interest in a majority of the toys that are out there.
    g1, masterpiece, animated, alternators, and classics are my favorites. i pretty much stick to only the characters i liked when i was a kid