Hello G1 collectors

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Hyperoptic, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    I'm a TF collector that got on these boards a few weeks ago.
    I practically don't know anyone here, so I would like to know who shares my passion for these G1 toys. Please introduce yourself and give a brief description of your collection and the type of collector you are.

I'll start:
    I've been collecting for the past 5 years.
    My addictive personality drove me to become a "line completist".
    I completed my American release G1 collection this year, minus some random paperwork.
    I'm now focusing on the Japanese and European G1 Exclusives.

Looking forward to meet you
    Now your turn!

2. Heat Blast

Heat Blast Laserbeak's Stunt Double

Been collecting all my life. And my passion is to get a complete set of G1 or Classics/Universe 2.0 Seekers.

3. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Collecting off and on for 25 years, more heavily in the last ten. Several years back, I completed American, European, and Japanese G1.

While G1 falls after a couple of other things in my own personal favorites (Binaltech/Alternators, Masterpiece, Alternity), it has certainly aged exceptionally well. The '84-'85 cars remain unparallelled in a variety of ways... and while I'll admit nostalgia fuels a bit of that, the Fairlady mold is probably my favorite TF mold of all time.

And welcome aboard!

4. AllSpark Shard

AllSpark Shard Squirrel-flattener

Hi...I also have been in these forums for a few weeks, although i have been a fan of the Transformers for 20 years or more xD...

My fav part of the mythos is G1, of course, and also like Michael Bay's movieverse very much.

My collection is mostly comprised of G1 figures, but lately i have been adding some of the Animated Activators, though Im not rteally a fan of the series, but the toys are neat, and of course i am adding figures from the movies.

5. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

Nice , you seem to be where I was at 12 years ago. :)  .

6. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    welcome and good luck in your collecting endeavors as for me i collect what i like so my collection as all over the place in the US lines and i even have 1 japanese reissuse of G1 Ironhide

7. tony77tony77

tony77tony77 Well-Known Member

been into Transformers since I was 8 years old. I'm 31 now and been collecting off and on since i was a kid. Love the G1 line.

8. mweeuser

mweeuser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i have been collecting off and on for over 20 years. I am still working on my g1 collection. 84 and 85 are complete minus the deluxes and about 30 other g1. G1 is my focus but I have all MP's, many alternators (the ones that are most g1), and most of the universe 2.0 deluxes (again, anything close to g1), most of the universe 2.0 legends, and recently some fans made stuff. So basically if it's not g1 its a very close cousin :)  I hope to continue moving towards more g1 in order of year but have the ones where my passion lies and am also very interested in vintage ones and pre-transformer.

9. menasor73ct

menasor73ct Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    hows it going,i collected transformers back in 84-87,wish i still had those.started again last november when i came across the toys r us soundwave,it blew my mind that it had a double deck,and came with 2 tapes,so i started collecting again,right now im 4 away from completing 1984,and i also collect classics/henkei/universe,masterpiece/alts,and i want some robot masters

10. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Hi HBlast, you've been collecting all your life yet you do not have a set of G1 Seekers yet? Did you start collecting later on and never went back for them?

11. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Thanks for the welcome ams!
    Congratulations on the full G1 collection!!! I'm slowly getting there, it's just really expensive to go down the Jap/Euro exclusive G1s these days. BTW, did you manage to find a "Complete" Unbroken Black Zarak? I must agree with you on BTs Alts and MPs, if you check my sig, under "Other Collection" you will see that I also collect those figures. Couldn't pass up the best! As for Alternity, I never really got into them due to there minimal amount of molds, and to be honest, those BBee pics are not very appealing to me.

12. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Hey AllSpark,
    Welcome to the boards :)  I hear ya on the G1 appreciation, but I have a hard time relating to your affinity with the movieverse. The design never quite made it to my heart lol.

13. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    Been collecting for 3 years. FTW!!!!

But I have accumalated a fair number of G1 figs.

14. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Hi DJ,
    Didn't know you were a member of these boards. I've come across your collections many times on youtube. let me ask you the same thing I asked ams... Did you ever manage to find a "Complete" Unbroken Black Zarak for your collection?

15. Cascadia

Cascadia Ion Storm

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hi and Welcome

I had a few while I was a kid. But I got back into it and have been seriously collecting for the last 3 years. I have season 1 completed and working on season 2 (missing 10 if you count each TF in combiners as individuals). I also have a few Diaclone figures and 1 Mexican figure. In terms of other lines, I mainly have Classics (1.0 & 2.0)/Henkei, Alt/BTs, customs and few Alternity. In terms of character collections, I have 4 completed ones.

16. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

yup i got a Complete and Unbroken Black Zarak Years ago..... but I never put the Weapons on it just to be on the Safe Side ..... I was thinking of maybe painting some Extra Scorpinok Weapons just to have it Displayed looking complete..... you know what i mean ?

17. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I hope to complete my US G1 collection this year. I have two pretenders yet to complete, and Gutcruncher. I have many of the E-Hobby repaints as well, and I'm looking forward to adding a few more this year.

G1 Seekers? Let's see, in order of purchase/gift:
    Ramjet
    Starscream
    Thrust
    Skywarp
    Dirge
    Thundercraker
    Anime Starscream
    Sunstorm
    Ghost Starscream
    Black Starscream

I can apply those DAMN stickers in my sleep. :lol 

18. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Thanks for the welcome grimlock!
    Did you get the custom head to go with that ironhide? :) 
    BTW, Good luck in your collecting endeavors too!

19. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Nice to "meet" you tony

20. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Hi mweeuser :) 
    I'm wondering, are you a fan of the toys that refer to the G1 American cartoons
    or the G1 line as a whole?