Hello and the Seekers

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by fryguy81, May 7, 2009.

1. fryguy81

fryguy81 Rungover

Ebay:
    Hey everyone, long time fan, first time poster.

BUt my question is, DOes anyone know whether or not HAsbro is planning on releasing the rest of the Seekers. I mean come on. THere is no reason to only have Starscream, Skywarp, Acid Storm and Ramjet and yet no Thundercracker, Dirge, and Thrust. I have to see Henkei versions for Hundreds of dollars. I mean it's getting annoying.

THank you for reading the frustration.

And remember Roll on.

2. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Kind of a bummer making your first post about a topic that has been trampled to death repeatedly.

Chances are slim that we will see a non Henkei release of Thundercracker, Dirge or Thrust. I believe it was suggested that it could possibly happen since Hasbro helped with the Henkei releases and they are different enough from the Botcon figures to not ruin their value, but the odds of that happening seem to be getting slimmer.

3. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Could happen, might not, won't happen until at least if/when Universe gets revived after the Movie crap fades. You now know as much as anyone. Welcome to transfandom, try not to lose your mind.

4. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Eh. I'm putting up the money on Henkei Dirge and Thrust once I get the chance too (could've this month, but found something else much more worth it).

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's all guess work right now because all Hasbro will talk is movie related products right now.

Of course they could really get around the problem by just making a new mold for Universe Starscream. Compare him to the recent releases and he really looks dated next to say Cyclonus. A new mold to make fans happy about buying a character they already have and they could do the repaints then without hurting the exclusiveness of the con exclusives. Seems like a win for just about everyone.

6. CarafelliusMaximus

CarafelliusMaximus G1 Junkie

I think Hasbro sort of has an obligation to the fans to release the rest of them. A lot of it is the fact that originally, Hasbro planned to do the first Classics run, do the Botcon figures to round out the set and be done with it. The problem was Classics was huge, it popped like an over inflated balloon attached to a jetpack. Hasbro was shocked at how well Classics did and sold and they hadn't realized it would really bother the fans to limit release the rest of the figures to complete the line. So in my opinion it's Hasbro's responsibility to release them in some form. Even doing it in tandem with the movie line, like how they repainted Classics Mirage, Cybetron Red Alert/Cannonball, Landmine, Downshift, Hotshot/Excellion, Thundercracker/Skywarp, Crosswise/Smokescreen for the off screen Walmart exclusives.They could do the Henkei versions of them and make it work. I'd honestly like to see the rest of the Rainmakers done as well.

7. Skylock

Skylock Rogue

News Credits:
    Try not to think about it and go ahead and get the MP seekers.

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    They're at least considering Thundercracker for Universe 3.0.

9. Scythe

Scythe Future Foundation

News Credits:
    I'm never coughing up the money for the Henkei seekers. I'm never spending more than seventy bucks on a transformer. I make a few exceptions, but ever since I started collecting, this exception has never happened. I even found an MP-Grimlock for thirty bucks.

10. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

How do you know this? That would be great.

11. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Really. Trampled to death and then trampled some more and more and more......

But welcome to the boards anyway. [​IMG] :D 

12. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Realistically, I am so burned out on that seeker mold I wouldnt want them anymore anyways. When universe 3.0 rolls around Hasbro should create two new molds one for the originals and one for the coneheads and just bang them all out. Do the mainline release, a repaint/remold of each and a store exclusive release.

What really annoys me is that despite all the flack in 07 they still haven't finished the animated clones. There is no reason not to have these guys done by now

13. odeean

odeean Infiltrator

News Credits:
    I may end up getting them but I feel that that seeker mold is too small. Decepticon jets are supposed to be much bigger than Autobot cars. They should be voyager class.

I am guessing we will see them because they are guaranteed to sell and cost almost nothing to make.

14. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

I remember that feeling when the Seekers came out. I was so excited that I would have a Modern Version of all the Seekers. Then found out about the 07 Botcon Set. I was so mad. Luckily I got a great deal on the set through a Board Member in the Junkion. That was about a year of waiting be for I bought it but was tired of waiting for Hasbro to help out their Fan Base but they didn't. It would be Great it Hasbro was able to use the Henkei mould as it is different enough from the 07 set. Hopefully in 2010 we will get them.

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  15. starsaber888

starsaber888 Well-Known Member

i agree, i already have MP SS (us version) and TC. i was thinking about getting the henkei versions but they are expensive and have QC issues. this has put me off. i'd rather get myself a MP skwarp to complete my MP seekers collection. i hope hasbro will release G1 cartoon accurate TC and SW soon.

however, i will buy henkei starscream becasue its not that expensive and is more cartoon accurate than the hasbro versions. the hasbro v.2 SS is nice in jet mode but rather plain in bot mode.

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

You would think at some point Hasbro would get the idea that us crazy little fans love our sub-teams so they should make them easier to get but they never learn.

Even in the easy for them to make Robot Heroes line we only have two of the Dinobots so far. Just seems like they are dead set and determined that we should have to track down exclusives or wait forever to put together any of the old teams. Darn Hasbro you could help a collector just a little bit.

Oh and I agree with Odeean a new mold needs to be bigger because the Classics seekers closer to the size of Classics Bumblebee than the size of more modern figures. Kind of sad when most of my Autobots can call Starscream shorty.

17. newOrder

newOrder LowLife Republic

Instagram:
    few weeks ago I decide to get them all, spend a $350 the biggest TF purchase ever, buy it enjoy it. u only live once.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. starsaber888

starsaber888 Well-Known Member

nice! may i ask how much did you pay for TC and SW?

19. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

Too Much!

20. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    i really want Henkei Dirge and Thrust, but reading between the lines on Hasbro's response to a QnA i think we'll see them eventually. Not sure what they'll do paint-wise to differentiate them from the 2 exclsuive versions.

I do agree with some folks above though, i think when/if Classics 3.0 rolls around, a new Seeker mold is in order ~ i'd love to see an Voyager F-22 mold~ The Starscream mold really was one of the weaker ones from Classics between the scale, the 90° wings that hamper arm articulation, the nose cone attachment that hampers head articulation, the leg design that hampers leg articulation and the giant hollow under the jet mode that just looked weird. Ironically, the Ramjet mold looks a lot better to me, the changes to the wings and head clear up a lot of the articulation restrictions of Starscream.

I think @ the Voyager scale you could incorporate a lot of the design improvements they used in the Masterpiece mold, but simplified a bit. I'd like to see the F-22 cuz most of the bots got modernized car modes, the cons could use some updating (plus then there's sort of a movie tie-in)

heck, maybe do the Seekers as Voyager F-22s and the Coneheads as Deluxe F-35s!!!
    :D