Hellgate London Demo is now out.

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DaggersRage, Oct 19, 2007.

1. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Well, the Hellgate London demo is avilable. From what I hear thought it sounds like garbage though and that the beta is much better.

Apparntly the NDA is lifted for the HG:L beta, and I'd love to start talking about this game, but I havent found a confirmed source for that though >.<

2. drippy

drippy is a freethinker.

I was just admitted to the online beta yesterday and the NDA is in full effect.

3. Dusty

Dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't call it garbage at all. I rather liked the demo. It reminds me a lot more of Diablo 1 and 2 than just the game mechanics, too.

I thought Diablo looked stupid, had shitty graphics, was retarded in it's gameplay with clicking repeatedly against a legion of enemies over and over, but I'll be damned if 6 hours later after first playing it I was still playing it.

I had as similar feeling with the demo, though I do think the quests are a little silly. I mean it's fun enough just getting the gear drops and trying out new skills and shit, I didn't really need the WoW-ification of the exclamation mark quests. Also I think the demo is a bit slow of a ramp-up to immediately hook people because they are trying to explain all the stupid "MMO" type shit to you while you really just want to go kill shit.

Graphics aren't anything special, but I figure once you get later into the game where there are a ton of monsters being slung at you, you won't really care. I'll probably buy it...any game that is even remotely like Diablo (which this game is, only 3rd/1st person) I will have a fun time with.

4. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    While I am laughing at a whiner(not in tfw2005, mind you) who think his opinions matter and fact, saying that the company is doomed and all that. It's just a fucking demo, not some RUINED FOREVER game, why the heck he was so buying into that hype in the first place ?

No wonder PC gaming is dying, because of a pompous fucks like him.

/end rant.

5. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

So far I've been having such a blast when I was in the Alpha, and now Beta. It was really neat seeing at how much they got done in such a short time. So much changed after the alpha in a matter of weeks.

I also feel like a badass mauling demons by the numbers.