Hellgate: London, checked it out?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DaggersRage, Apr 26, 2007.

1. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Well, there's been no mention of this title (not that I'm aware of) yet, so just wondering if anyone is interested in it and maybe what kind of character are they going to be playing as?

Incase anyone is wondering what the hell (PUN!) I'm talking about. The game is an action/rpg set in the future where demons take over the world. The Knights Templar prepared for this for centuries and do a massive counter attack against the demon horde knowing they'll fail but they buy humanity time to regroup and fight back. The game takes place after this massive counter attack and it's time to take the back the streets (hurrah!).

There are three different factions players can be members of, which in turn affect the character's style of play.

The Templars - The remaining group of holy knights. Sometimes these knights can be called "cyber knights" because of their futuristic armor. The templars have a very "offensive" attitude, they'll rush demons with the mighty swords and get right into the fight. Some templars favor melee weapons and slash the enemy to peices, others favor more modern weapons such as pistols and rilfes and rocket launchers, oh my! There're alot that'll use a pistol to rush the enemy and then slice them to peices.

The Cabal - Basicly their idealogy is "fight fire with fire". Cabel adapted themselves to use demonic powers and even imbune part of the demonic beats within themselves, they can shape shift, hurl arcane fireballs, and summon minions for backup.

The Hunters - Ex Earth Military. The normal guys. These guys favor stealth and firepower. They have no holy skills like the templars or arcane like the Cabal, they focus on exploting a demon's weakness. When you play as a hunter, the auto aim and lock on features are disabled giving the player more of an FPS feel to the action.

After selecting your faction you can then build the character to sub classes, such as the templar's blade master, they're zippy and like to use swords. They can are so fast that they can practically teleport into an enemy hordge and start slicing people up!

The website (hellgatelondon.com) has got some cool videos but they're not gameplay footage.

Hope this sparks some interest, I've been waiting for this game for a while now.

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I'm interested, but I'm reserving any and all judgment until I can actually play the game.

3. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

Sounds like a fun game from what I've heard. Toss in the fact that it's being made by ex-Blizzard employees (the good ones, not the bad ones like Tigole and Furor) and it sounds like a hit.