Hellboy Toys

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by ErechOveraker, Jul 11, 2008.

1. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Didn't see any official thread for this, so....

I've been thinking about grabbing one of the comic or 18 inch ones the last few days, but can't decide which if any I want. Kicking myself for not grabbing that con exclusive with the japanese heads while I had the chance!

Also curious about the new movie ones too, anybody got any to show off?

2. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Just about to create or look for a thread for the movie figures. I am definetely going to try to pick up Hellboy and Wink from TRU today(after I see the movie of course). Don't have a camera sadly.

Be careful when picking up a HB though. I think there's 2 or 3 variants of HB out there too. One with a snarling HB without a shirt and a sword, a snarling HB with a shirt and a Big Baby Gun, a HB with a alternate head with a cigar and Big Baby gun. All feature the Samaritan revolver but make sure you pick up or try to get the HB with the sword. The variants with the Big Baby Gun is cool but his left arm is eternally stuck bent to hold the Big Baby and looks wonky without it.

EDIT*
    There are ALOT of HB variants out there. 2 different headsculpts along with 2 different torsos and 2 different accessory sets. All HBs still have the Samaritan again. So chances are your HB will be different then anothers. Just make sure to stay clear of the one with the Big Baby gun unless you intend to pose him with the gun solely.

I don't know if there are variants of Liz at brick and mortar retailers but there are flame versions being sold online.

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_070408b.htm

Mr. Wink looks great and you'll even recieve a movie accurate head with a mail in! Apparently the onscreen Wink looks alot different then the figure so Mezco is willing to help us out.

I REALLY hope Mezco decides to create a inscale Golden Army soldier. There one of the main reasons I want to see the movie and it would be a shame for such cool designs to go unused. Supposedly there thinking about creating one but so far we've only heard rumblings of it being in the 4 inch line which would be kinda lame.

3. ErechOveraker

News Credits:
    Cool, thanks for the advice, and the link!

4. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    I'm hoping to get the Gentle Giant 10" Animated Hellboy soon. I've seen some cool pics.

5. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I saw the Hellboy 2 toys at Hot Topic this weekend. Almost got Hellboy and the giant monster thing, but decided against it. They looked pretty cool though.

6. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    DAMMIT!!! I really hope this line doesn't end up like the rest of the summer movie lines, that are released and your only able to get them before the film comes out. My TRU was sold out except for a single Krauss. I doesn't help that apparently the line has limited shelf space. Anyone know if any other big retailers besides TRU and Hot Topic carrying these guys??

7. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I hope they come up with a small-scale (6"? 7"?) Johann.

8. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    There is. He's in series 1 and you'll probably have luck finding him since he seems to be the least in demand. Not that he's bad but people seem to be gunning for Wink and HB the most.

9. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shucks! I hope Mezco give us a "Goldern Warrior" too...can't believe one was even made!

10. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

Yeah, definitely want a figure of one of the Golden Army soldiers.

As for Hellboy figs, I really like the Mezco shop exclusive comic one from the first wave with the trenchcoat. Don't even feel I ever need another comic Hellboy figure after that one (although the 18" one would be nice for display).

11. ErechOveraker

News Credits:
    yeah that's the one I really wanted, but can't even find one on ebay. damn my indecision!

12. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Hellboy 2: the Golden Army Series 2 Action Figures - Mezco - ToyNewsI.com

Series 2.

Pretty dissapointing. Includes 2 versions of HB. Not variants. Versions. One with a coat and one without. The one with the coat has the spear tip in him from the movie. Series also includes the goblin on the skateboard and Princess Nuada. Lastly there's a deluxe 13 inch Angel Of Death. At least that gives hope to a 13 inch or bigger Golden Army soldier. Still pretty bad. Mainly since everyone except HB look like complete statues.

Series 3 needs to be a baddie series. Maybe those Elf guards or a monster from the troll market?? Hell I would be happy if the re-release Sammael from the first line.

Also for anyone attending comic-con. Theres a few HB exclusives. Most notable a 4 inch HB and a 7 inch HB that is meant to replicate the locker room scene with Johann.

Oh and I STILL haven't been able to find the figures. At least not HB or Wink.

13. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty disappointed that we don't have the Golden Warriors yet...in fact it amazes me on how we can have the troll but not one of the soldiers.

14. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Seriously. GET ON IT MEZCO!!!!! I would bitch on there forums except it's a deadzone were hardly anyone replies. I swear. This is probably the only site based around toys that has a thriving community. Hell I think this thread is bigger then the Official one on the Mezco site.

15. Brawlastator

Brawlastator it is our life - jon bovi

News Credits:
    I'm kinda pissed off that none of the movie Hellboys have right elbow articulation. I zoomed in on the series 2 figure pics. Both Shirtless and Owie Hellboy have pretty good articulation exept for that damn elbow.

My guess for series 3? Prince, Tooth fairy, Buck-toothed brat Hellboy with Howdy-Doody doll and some other Hellboy. I doubt we'll get a Golden Soldier anytime soon.

16. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I am not a big fan of the Mezco figures, but I just found out that Graffiti Designs is doing another 8" figure for the movie...WOOT!

I got the one from 10 years ago and it is one of my favorite toys of all time.

here is the link from BBTS for the pre-order...

Hellboy

Here is a pic of the first one...

[​IMG]

17. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I'm peeved about that too. I don't see what would be so hard about adding a joint there.

I don't know. I mean they already made a Prince figure but I don't think it's out of the question. Also the Tooth Fairys are pretty small and would be really out of scale at 7 inches. I know that there also make maquettes for them too. But I didn't think about the child HB. That your probably right about. :( 

I just want the namesake of the line immortalized in plastic.

18. MoreThanMeetsTheEye

MoreThanMeetsTheEye Well-Known Member

I'm really liking the Hellboy figs as well. I wish I would have got some of the figs from the first movie. I was able to pick up Wink and Hellboy with BigBaby shotgun. I also picked up a 7" Animated Hellboy set @ Best Buy for $20. When do the 18" figs come out?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Awesome! Thanks for the heads-up, I preordered one even though I don't know what it looks like yet.

Personally I'm going to skip the figures of Red from Golden Army. The sculpts are nice, but that bent arm absolutely kills them for me, and the Gentle Giant movie Hellboy (from the animated line) a well as the original movie Hellboy looks better to me anyway. I'll pick up a Wink if I ever see one, and I'll pick up a few Golden Army soldiers if they ever come out.

I've been wanting the comic book version of HB from Mezco for a long time, but I only ever see the 18" version on Ebay or the exclusive floating heads version which is out of my price range.

20. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    BBTS now has a pic up for the Graphitti Designs Hellboy figures and it looks like they could just be a reissue of the originals. Awesome for someone like me who never got one before, but sucks for those who were hoping for a new offering from Graphitti Designs. To be honest I didn't even know GD was still around. I've always liked their stuff but I haven't heard anything about them in a long time.

It is also possible that BBTS just wanted to have some kind of pics up so they used old pics of the originals, and that the new ones could very well be something different. I've seen that happen on BBTS before. Or maybe it'll be the same figs but on a Golden Army card. Whatever the case may be, my cheeks are clenched in anticipation. :p