Customs: Heel spurs for G1/reissue/Encore Devs...shapeways or one-off

Discussion in 'Requests' started by supervir2, Feb 26, 2012.

1. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    With the Junkion Blacksmith, X-transbot, and Crazy Devy kits all adding articulation, this seems to have become a bigger issue.

I'm interested in a 1-off solution (for Encore in particular - not sure if there are relevant differences in the molds), but if anyone can do it in shapeways so everyone can share that would be cool too. Thanks!

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I already have the spurs designed for both feet in CAD, however I am not uploading them to shapeways. I will be printing them myself on my own 3d printer and selling them.

Avoiding Shapeways eliminates uploading, waiting for them to arrive, checking fit, redesigning, resubmitting, and waiting. Repeat however many times it takes. I will be able to take a process of fit and finish that takes weeks with Shapeways and reduce it to a couple hours.

Only problem is my printer will not be arriving for at least a month or two. When it does I will be designing and selling a lot of other parts as well. I will also be accepting requests. What I charge will likely be less than what Shapeways charges for an equivalent part.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  3. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    Sounds awesome..i'm not particularly in a hurry, seeing as how I'm not shipping my POL with the relevant parts until at least early April.