Heavy/Scratch: Heavy/Painted Repro: Surplus Decepticon Headmaster (Jr.)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Cybertronian, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

Howdy, y'all.
    I'm writing to share with you my latest work (which I finished, and almost scuffed last week).

To anyone familiar with the Japanese version of Headmasters, Takara realized how easy it was to lose the tiny Headmaster figures, rendering a rather expensive figure useless (especially in the today's secondary market). As a result 6 "replacement Headmasters" were created.

Getting a lot of my HMs from thrift stores and flea markets, only 1 my used ones came with its HM (fortunately, that one was Scorponok.)

[​IMG]
    My idea was to create a few "replacement" Headmaster Jrs., using Bellyboy's repro parts.
    So far, I've only done my Decepticon-aligned Nebulan. He consists of Hosehead's face/Lug's back, and Brisko's torso and legs. The torso is meant to be in a gray closely matching Horri-Bull's. The robot face is painted in a 1-1 mix of Folk Art's Silver Anniversary and Apple Barrel's Sandstone. The visor is done in Apple Barrel's Bright Red. For those curious about the human face color, picture a green-skinned Nebulan wearing a blue-tinted visor. The end result is 1 drop of Apple Barrel Leaf Green mixed with 1 drop of Apple Barrel Bright Blue. The eyes, painted with a sewing pin, are Apple Barrel Cool Blue. With one or two applications of Future Floor Finish (1 per day) he looks like he has an anime-style visor. The robot face has one coat of F.F.F., sufficient enough to provide a shine and water/smudge protection (sort of).

[​IMG]
    Be careful when loading him into a Headmaster cockpit. I chipped the nose and chin trying to load him into my Squeezeplay and had to repaint. (There is more room in Fangry or Skullcruncher's.)
    For these photos, My unnamed Headmaster is piloting a partially sun-damaged and totalled Horri-Bull (both the cockpit hatch/back and bull head were broken off when my dad came across it in a thrift store.)
    {Yes, I have 2 Briskoes -- the second was bought for the in-one-piece-but-incomplete Fangry I already had. Fangry #1 is piloted by "Wilder", In this pic, "Brisko" is piloting Skullcruncher to demonstrate my lack of complete HMs.}

I'm closing this post with the obligatory "Let me know what you think" and also to ask for your suggestions in naming my new Nebulan.

-- Cybertronian.

Attached Files:

2. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Is that based off of the Brisko/Wilder head mold? I always that that it was the closest thing to the Transformers faces in the cartoon. I see parts from the Squeezeplay mold on it

EDIT: My bad. That's based on Squeezeplay.

3. Cybertronian

Painted Repro: Surplus Decepticon Headmaster (Jr.)

The 621,
    My new HM does have the Brisko/Wilder upper body and legs, but it's connected to Hosehead's face/robot head/back piece.
    My unpainted Autobot commission uses the opposite pieces (Fangry's head, w/ Lug's everything else).
    If it helps any, my Squeezeplay (not shown here) is complete, but also headless.

This message is also a Bump to say "I finished all the writing stuff. Enjoy the pics!"
    -- Cybertronian.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    It's great to see work from ya, buddy :) 

Your HM looks great :thumb 

5. Cybertronian

Bump.
    This guy still needs a name. Please reply with suggestions!

6. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    How about Zirf?

7. bellyboy

bellyboy working working working

News Credits:
    SNARK?

glad u finished your long project bro they look good

8. Cybertronian

lol Snark isn't too bad.
    I've long since forgot what name I came up with.