Heavy Metal Rules, Because..........

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Caine, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    I fully concur with this article.

2. Scrappy

Scrappy smiling a blacktooth grin

This article is actualy quite similar to another article that was released a few years ago. I believe it stated almost the same message.

The only problem I see in these articles is what exactly constitutes "heavy metal" in the study itself? I know people consider Led Zep heavy music so the line is kind of faded.

Still it's an interesting find but will probably not change the publics opinion on heavy "satan" music. Which is fine with me to be honest.

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Makes sense, but there's a whole lot of levels to each music category, so it's hard to base it on just 'Heavy metal' or 'Jazz'

Metal does help me with shooters though. High score!

4. Sideways

Sideways Banned

im a fan of metal , just not "hair metal " like Twisted Sister, Quiet Riot,etc....

5. Lasbrook

Lasbrook Well-Known Member

I too would like to know what they constituted as Heavy Metal, cause when i see a mosh pit at a Slayer concert i totally think "gentle and shy".

And what of people like me who listen to several genres of music? Schitzophrenia?

6. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

That's a good comparison, really. Classical music and heavy metal often have interesting and unexpected song structures. I'm shy and I love heavy metal.

New Metallica is awesome, BTW.

7. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    I'm big fan of thrash, industrial, death & Norwegian black metal. But I think the latter one does not compute well with being "Shy & Gentle".

8. Scrappy

Scrappy smiling a blacktooth grin

Aw come on man. BANG YOUR HEAAAD!! METAL HEALTH'LL DRIVE YOU MAAAAD!

I love a good hair band every now and then. It's just feel good party music. I get tired of "DEATH DEATH DEATH WAR WAR WAR HAAAAAAAATE" music all the time. I know some people can listen to straight metal all the time but I prefere a more diverse musical taste.

Classical, hip hop, rap, rock, metal, blues, jazz, opera even. As long as a song hits something inside me, I'll listen. Been a huge Flobots kick lately. :lol 

9. Sunstar

Sunstar All Hail Lord Starscream

I am a fan of music. Very rarely rap though. If its got a tune I will enjoy, I probably will.

10. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Grlad to finally get confirmation that I am a 'delicate thing'

11. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Surprisingly yes. Their new single was kinda slow at first, and I almost turned it off. But as soon as it got to the instrumental solo part it was all "Whoamgthatzmetallicafreakinghellsyea!". I might have to grab the album. :lol 

I hear that. While I'm a big fan of Slayer and Pantera and such, I'll have no problem rocking out to Twisted Sister or the Crue. :rock 

...ya know, I gotta wonder what Dethklok would think about being called "delicate"