hearts of steel soundwave

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by supernova222, Jan 29, 2012.

1. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i was just reading the Synopsis of the Hearts of steal series on tfwiki.net and i noticed that soundwave was among the awake decepticons. i checked his character page and google and couldnt find what he looked like in it, so...

does anyone out there know what Soundwave looks like or turns into in Hearts of Steel?

2. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

Apparently Soundwave only has brief appearances in the first and second issues of Hearts of Steel.

I looked in Issue #1, and he has a bit of a close-up in the "Ice Age Wars" double-page spread (he has dark colors and yellow eyes, and the recognizable Decepticon insignia-based forehead crest). And in #2, he makes a brief appearance with Starscream, Octane, and Thrust when they get back on land with Tobias Muldoon.

Soundwave's colors in HoS pretty much just go with the environment he's in (dark and dull colors in the Ice Age, and sort of gray and faded in the American West). His form pretty much looks like his traditional G1 self, but more rounded, some spikes here and there, etc. He's only seen in his Ice Age Wars body as he isn't seen taking an Industrial alt mode, but based on the somewhat armored and spiky look on him, I'm guessing he turned into an ankylosaur or something similar.

Hope that helps. : )

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

He should've turned into a Victrola ;) 

4. IaconStargazer

IaconStargazer Maximal

A clever idea, but:
    1. It would've been quite an anachronism (Victrolas debuted in the early 1900s), although Tobias Muldoon apparently had been designing WWI-caliber planes during the Industrial Revolution, so who knows.
    2. He would've been a lot smaller than Cons who - in other continuities - are seen as his minions; Squawkbox, Ravage, and Rumble or Frenzy are all seen in HoS as being about the size of the average Decepticon.

Maybe in Infestation 2, he'll be seen as having some machinery alt mode before coming under the control of the Elder Gods.

5. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

further down the summary of issue one of HOS

and the second cover

[​IMG]

6. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime #BanTJ

News Credits:
    Soundwave not shockwave