Heaps of tfs being kicked of facebook

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by mrgalvaprime, Nov 28, 2011.

1. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

they block me from friends resuets and groups messages for 14 days

2. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    If I'm honest, i cant wholly sympethise. i dont think fb is a place for aliases. when i signed up many moons ago it wouldnt even let you use words in youre profile name that werent recognised by them as names. now obviously theyve relaxed on this these days but there is taking it too far.

3. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Bottom line is that Facebook isn't a place for aliases - that's what MySpace was for... and why MySpace has all but died. People got f*cking sick & tired of all these fake names, and by extension, the stupidity that came from people hiding behind fake names. Just look at any forum for proof of how that happens.

But most importantly, kudos to Facebook for keeping their site in check like that. If you're ******ed enough to name yourself after a Transformer (or whatever else) on a site where 99% of everyone else is using their real names, you deserve to get your account deleted.

4. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    and you are 100% wrong. There are legit reasons for people to use an Alias, they don't want people to FIND THEM. I was bullied pretty heavily in highschool for my transformer collecting, so I used the name Dai Atlas so my friends knew who i was and the folks who didn't know my alias couldn't find me. From experience, i know several cosplayers that go to the anime convention i go have two separate accounts, one with an alias just for cosplay, and a regular page for normal friends so they can keep the two seperate

5. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Then just stay the hell off Facebook and use one of the thousand other FREE sites out there to run around with aliases on. Doesn't get much easier than that.

No one is forcing anyone to use Facebook, and if you CHOOSE to use it, abide by their rules and take the 4 minutes you'd need to lock up privacy settings. It literally is as simple as that.

6. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dude guard convoy. Theres this thing called privacy settings. Duh.

7. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    I did set up privacy settings, but people can still find you. The fact of the matter is, I use facebook to keep contact with all my friends, its my main source of communication, just because i used a fake name to avoid the people i don't want finding me doesn't mean i shouldn't use facebook.

8. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But even if they find u they cant see beyond ur info unless u accept friends request.

R u sure u know what u talking abt?

9. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seriously, just make it so that only friends can post on your wall... And if you get friend requests... ignore them. Simple as that. Who cares if they "find" you? In the realm of the internet, if someone really wants to "find" you, they can.

10. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Popular?

11. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

One thing my class mates do is use their real names, but use special characters that look the same, so for example my name is Derek Bracken, this could be turned into Ðèrèk Bràçkèñ. People that search for you won't be able to find you if you don't want, as the encoding is different. We're computer forensics students and some of my lot are a bit nuts about their privacy. I feel I've nothing to hide, so personally I never bothered with it. Those you do know and seek out will know it's you when they read it.

As for using and taking down the names of aliases, I don't really care. Maybe the special characters could be used for the alias as well. Also I've never had to search for my friends to see if this works, so it's just a theory.

12. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    Google + had a big backlash against people using aliases, but they caved. My account there was suspended for a month until they allowed it.

But anyways, TF names getting kicked off Facebook could mean a new marketing push by Hasbro to bring some official Transformers character presence to it.

13. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    Optimus Prime: Hey guys, Hastaktomy is making a new figure for me!
    =====> Megatron: I will buy it to have a complete collection, but you sicken me.
    =====> Optimus Prime: Why throw away your money so recklessly?
    =====> Megatron: No! I'll crush it with my bare hands! The SATISFACTION.
    =====> Optimus Prime: Megatron, you're a sad, sad little man.

14. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

now they put me on 30 days

15. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    This is an absolutely legit reason to have an alias. I had a guy follow me from Facebook to this forum after I reported and blocked him, just to harrass me.

(I have the tightest security, blah, blah, blah.)

16. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Better question is, what does the real Mr. Optimus Prime (dude who legally changed his name to OP and is a member here iirc) do on Facebook now?

17. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    LOL at all the paranoid people. Its like you are in witness protection or something & if someone finds you, you'll get rubbed out.