Health Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by warriorpriest, Jun 3, 2008.

1. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    Hello guys and gals.

I just wanted to let everyone know that as of today, I have been diagnosed with a kidney disorder. I have been in pain/ill for a few weeks now. I have had to have several tests and I got the final results today. Well it has been confirmed that I have Polycystis Kidney Disease. Basically what is happening is that my kidneys have multiple cysts in them. Real nasty fellows, they are, to just move in without my say so. They have been causing me alot of pain and unfortunately will continue to cause me pain. The doctors say I will more than likely be on pain meds for the rest of my life. Sounds like fun right?? Over time (HOPEFULLY not anytime soon) these cysts will cause my kidneys to slow in fuction to the point where they no longer filter my blood like they should and then to the point where they no longer work at all. At this point as they still function (thank God) there is not alot they can do. There is no cure for this so it is something I will have to live with. So all they can do is give me pain killers to help ease the feeling i have of swords jabbed thru me. If it come to the point thru my check up that they are slowing then there are options like dialosis (spelling) or a transplant. Neither of which I am fond of I assure you.
    So in closing I ask that everyone keep me in their prayers.
    Thank you everyone. You guys/gals are the best. And anyone please feel free to contact me if you want thru here, PM, or thru one of the IM services I use. I will be happy to have a person to chat with. :D  :D 

Wallace
    AKA Warrior

2. machinegeist

machinegeist Victory not Vengeance

that sucks man, I really feel for you. I had kidney stones last month and would ever want to go through that pain again, I can only imagine how painful cysts must be, sorry to hear yor troubles.

3. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Good luck dude.
    Hopefully sometime in the future this can be treated.

4. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    grrr....
    double post
    :banghead: 

5. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

I will send good energy to you my man. I hope you will overcome this, and good luck to ya.

6. warriorpriest

News Credits:
    Thank you everyone for your kind words.

7. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Good luck. You´re gonna get over that. We´re all rooting for you.

8. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Sorry to hear, hope the meds help with the pain. Is there any kind of diet/exercise plan that can help?

9. warriorpriest

News Credits:
    Unfortunately at this time it is not curable. All they can really do is try to regulate my meds to keep pain at a low and hope my kidneys stay working for years to come.

Thank you, Actually i eat very healthy and was on the right tracK. Lost over 20 to 25 pounds the right way. Took a while but i feel better becuase of it. I could stand to lose a few more pounds and that will help, but as everyone knows there is no wonder pill to lose weight.

Besides prayer, I did want to let everyone know I do sell stuff to supplement my income so if anyone ever needs a KO, WST, or TF related gear let me know. I also make a mean custom Mr Potato Head Transformer. :D  Feel free to take a look at my sales thread on the site. I should be updating it soon.

Again thank you everyone for the support, It helps keep my spirits high. :D  :)  ;) 

Peace,
    Warrior

10. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Hope you get better, warriorpriest. Best of luck.

11. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

Man Ill definately be keeping you in my prayers. what is your blood type. i may be a match if you need a kidney

12. warriorpriest

News Credits:

I am an O blood type. Thanks for the offer, but hopefully God willing it will not come to that anytime soon. The main issue is the pain right now. Other concerns are bills but my health is priority one. I sell enough TFs here and there and short disablity should help keep me going there. :) 

Again thank you everyone.
    Wallace

13. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

hey, I've got it too, so no worries man. my father had it the worst, got a transplant 17 years ago, and now is awaiting a second one. the way technology is today, he's on dialysis that lets him pretty much function normally, and then just plug into a machine at home. I just had an ultrasound done two weeks ago--a dozen cysts on one kidney, and three on the other.

I'm sure they've told you this, but it's genetic, so I'd be surprised if one of your relatives doesn't have it as well. your biggest concerns should just be to do a few simple things for your kidneys: reduce salt intake to reduce blood pressure, as well as to reduce your protein intake. protein is a physically large molecule, and puts a bit more stress on the kidneys when it passes through all of the microscopic vessels in them.

by the way, how old are you? if you just found out about this, I'm assuming with the pain that a cyst finally popped. it was about 10 years before that first started happening and when my dad went on dialysis the first time. it's when you're down to about 25% function that you will probably start noticing a difference in your health, and about 15% when it's time to get on dialysis.

just some food for thought from someone who's known about this his entire life (I'm 31)

14. warriorpriest

News Credits:

Thanks for the kind words. Glad to know I am not alone. :D  I am 32. Blood pressure is great so no worries there. :)  I have good cardio health. :D  Maybe one day they will figure how to stop stuff like this from happening.