Heavy/Scratch: Headstrong

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by TheDevastator, May 3, 2008.

1. TheDevastator

TheDevastator Decepticon

The original Headstrong toy left much to be desired. His beast mode was okay, his leg mode was fine, but the robot mode? Urg. Here's a list of mods made to him:

Heads: The robot head was okay, but the Alternators Skids head was so similar and had better details so I used that as a base. I trimmed down the sides and added the visor from the original head, and then I glued it to what was left of the original Headstrong's head transformational joint. For the beast mode I cut the jaw off and installed a Mini-con join so it could open and close. A Mini-con neck joint allowed side-to-side movement as well.

Arms: They're virtually un-modifed Alternators Skids arms. I unscrewed the arms and swapped them around so the screws and hands would face the directions desired. I glued parts from the original Headstrong shoulder areas to the new shoulders to complete the look I opted to keep his fingers black

Legs: The robot hip and thighs were from Energon Steamhammer. I had a few of them lying around from a failed kitbash project. The robot lower leg areas came from the original Headstrong toy. The beast mode legs are just the originals with added Mini-con balljoints.

I opted to keep most of his hands black because I thought they would look too boring if they were all red.

Attached Files:

2. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    Not to big on the arms kinda just hanging there in beast mode.
    But then again if you own all 6 Preds chances are you not going to dispaly him in beast mode.
    Other than that, this came out really sweet.

3. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    woot. glad you're finally sharing this monster with everyone :) 

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I've always really liked Heastrong, and you finally made it where he gets a proper treatment. AWESOME work, buddy :thumb 

5. Ptitvite

Ptitvite Construction worker

Plain awesome and unbeleivable!

6. TheDevastator

TheDevastator Decepticon

Thanks everyone! I agree with you about the arms Nemesis Predaking. I felt that anything I could have done to cover certain parts like the fists would have made his shoulders in robot mode too awkward. Considering the improvement in his robot mode, I thought it was a worthy compromise.

7. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    I would agree with that assessment!