Headset use

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Jadryx, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What sort of chatter do you guys get when playing multiplayer? Are there a lot of gamers out there actually playing as a team? Quite often I can’t stand to keep my headset on when all I hear is F-bombs every other word, random chatter about their plans for the weekend, or some guy munching on Cheetos (not that I would be able to tell exactly what he was eating).

Last night I was in a few rooms where almost everyone had a headset icon next to their name. NO ONE was talking. I didn’t hear one word come through the headset the whole time. I started to think my headset was broken but when I talked the icon would show on screen that it was working. Good chatter is really hit or miss I guess. It would have been nice to have some coordination in what our team was doing, especially when I was using my scientist for the first time.

2. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    usually just get some kid trying to tell us what to do in escalation, without knowing what he's doing, and in mp, a lot of swearing

3. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    The few times I got Mic'ed players, no one spoke, so I guess they were in private parties or the controller was messed up, as sometimes it shows I have a mic plugged in, when I, in fact, don't.

4. Langrisser

Langrisser Crawling Chaos

News Credits:
    Its kinda rare to run into someone using a headset that isn't annoying.

5. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

This. I also don't use it because everyone's voice comes through sounding like Stephen Hawking.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    None, because I use the party system on xbox live to talk to people I actually want to to talk to, and thus hear nothing of in-game chatter.

7. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't hear too much chatter. Usually someone swearing because they died, or whining about others not doing what they want. Been hearing people come in blasting nothing but static. I hate that. They get muted immediately.

8. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess I just need to find more friends with this game so I can make good use of communication!

9. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    random chatter with their friends

10. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

My gamertag is Shockwave1701 and I'd be down for setting up a team if anyone wants to add me to their list.

My available playing time might be at a bit of a premium this weekend though.

11. RipCurl

RipCurl I just can't get enough!

News Credits:
    I don't use my mic , it makes a weird buzzing noise

12. Lob-Lob

Lob-Lob Hammer time.

The one MP match I played I ran into a few douches that thought it was so funny to go on about how my voice sounds like a little boy. >=\ I'll usually remain silent through a match with my mic on since that usually happens, but I know you gotta communicate with your teammates for WFC.

13. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    ust use the mic when ur with a group of friends i mean thats the best way to go aboutdoing it.... half the time its one person who has the mic and thast it...
    i do love hearing people aftera mach say im glitching r shit that just makes me laugh!!!

msot peopel aredouches thats just how itis for every game

14. biscuits

biscuits Sin from Genesis

Im probably one of the kids that doesn't use their mic for telling others what to do. I never swear on it either, there's just no point. I get annoyed at mufflers. They just piss you off the whole time, unless there's a mute option.

15. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    Luckily there aren't a lot of mic users on this game. The PS3 version doesn't have a mute option and I hate being stuck with annoying people with mics. I only ever use mine when playing with friends

16. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    don't have one, but in a game with random 11 yr olds trying to tell me how to play escalation, not too much fun

17. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Havent ran into many people on mics ,i dont use mine but i am always a team player in escalation(i dont play multiplayer).

18. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

I keep my mic plugged in, but don't always use it. I usually use it if some one asks a question or to let people know what I'm up to if I'm in a position to help/need help.

I've encountered people who seem to chat more than they actually play the game, and they're ALWAYS on my team. One time I was stuck with a group that seemed to be playing hide and seek with each other, as all I'd hear is "where are you?" and "hey buddy, hey buddy I found you!" Needless to say we lost horribly, with me being the only one doing the killing >:C

19. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

The whole mic thing on PS3 is beyond lame. I can hear people making awful noises in most matches, and since I don't have a headset myself it completely drowns out the actions with horrible static-esque garbage.

The fact that you can't mute individuals or disable chat entirely is HEINOUS.

I've actually taken this up with Mike from the EU PSN Blog, he said he'd have a word with the relevant tech folk at Sony to see what can be done about this. A rare instance of a Sony employee admitting faliibility. Whether anything gets done about it, we'll see.

In the meantime I suggest everyone spam the hell out of High Moon Studio's feedback system, demanding something be done about it.

20. apparatus

apparatus pre-Spark toaster

I hate the little kids cussing and roleplaying.....

them and that one f**k-stick that thinks he's in a real war and cussing everyone out because we're losing

and the above comments are for all MP games, not just TF: WFC