Heads-up to iTunes HD Prime Viewers

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Prowl, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, sorry, but no, this is not an announcement about season two, unfortunately.

But if you guys have downloaded Prime in HD from iTunes, be aware that all of your episodes are now available in 1080p.

Just update iTunes and go to preferences, and under Store, change HD downloads from 720 to 1080 and, instant upgrade.

2. Draqua

Draqua Well-Known Member

Hmm... Very interesting, could this be why S2 has yet to appear? They've been busy making higher res files?

3. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    Why bother paying on iTunes for them. Just watch em on Youtube for free. Sure the quality is usually bad but at least it costs nothing

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's a matter of opinion and preference. So baseless. That's like me wondering why some people bought the BluRay this week, when they can download them from torrent.

I don't have HD HUB at home, and this show looks amazing in HD. iTunes is the only place for me to get them in HD, and 3 bucks a week is less than I spend on lunch a day, and well-worth it. Especially now that Apple has Clould, and I can download those episodes almost wherever I am and rewatch them.

Also "Sure the quality is bad" is enough reason for me to spend money on these. Because the quality is bad.

5. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Well, personally, I want to support the show financially. They provide me with entertainment, I give them money, either by adding another number to their ratings (thus adding to add revenue), purchasing the blu-ray or buying an episode on iTunes.

It's this wacky thing where, if they don't get money, they can't keep making episodes. If a show isn't worth the 2 or 3 dollars an episode, than just don't watch it. I know people in other countries can't always get it, but I'm talking about why I, personally, do this.

6. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Some of us like to support the show with our $, which is the surest way Hasbro will recognize that fans like it.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ....and then what these guys said. I don't mind paying for my entertainment, especially top quality versions of it.

8. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    And don't forget to buy those Toys, too! :thumb 

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, Prime is the first toyline I've bought in a loooong time, with the exception of a few Universe characters.

10. Draqua

Draqua Well-Known Member

Darn tootin'. And I'm sure many of us would love to shell out of few bucks a week to watch some Season 2 episodes. If we had the option.

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Indeed

12. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I was only talking about the show. I don't know how much the toy line will influence the continued production of the show and vice/versa. Obviously, Hasbro is a toy company first but still, if the show isn't making money on viewers, they might not waste the time/money on production.

That being said, Hell yes the toys too! I'm buying the shit out of them. I'm even picking up Hot Shot, even though he violates my "One of each mold" rule.

13. Draqua

Draqua Well-Known Member

Transformers Prime is an interesting beast in that regard. It does have a fairly sized toyline and release schedule now, but originally it wasn't even going to have its own toyline at all. It seems to me, that TFP was produced more as an effort to promote The HUB network, rather than a specific toyline. However, the TFP line is a favored of mine, so I'm happy to have it.

14. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Oh no, not another one.

Despite rumors, Hasbro has made it clear it was always going to have a toy line. These rumors started at the...2010 BotCon, I think, where there was a comment that they were just focusing on the TV show. This was misunderstood as there being no plans for a toy line, even though at the same panel, one of the designers (Archer?) stated he was really proud of the Bulkhead toy.

15. Draqua

Draqua Well-Known Member

Ah, I see. Well, that's how it is. My mistake.

16. jbellanca

jbellanca Well-Known Member

This is a big reason why I subscribe on iTunes, and also buy the Blu-Ray - to support shows I like and enjoy. And, of course, to watch in HD on Sunday mornings. Now, if they'd just get S2 added... very frustrating!! (I did re-download S1 in 1080p the day 1080p went live in iTunes, though. I did a quick comparison and there's not much difference, they're still a little soft, but they are better, just marginally.)

17. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    When will it come to the UK store? Oh God why?