Heads full of Bumblebee & The Yellow Cliffjumper Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RedAlert Rescue, Dec 22, 2011.

1. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I wanted to ask if anyone who buys lots of Classicverse Bumblebee toys has any specific plans as to which heads to use with which Bumblebee body when replacing the heads (if you plan to do so) ?

Here's my current thoughts ;

1) Legacy of a Hero Bumblebee (the one with Black stripes) would become Hubcap.

Or if the heads on offer are a bit Orange then maybe I'd use RTS Bumblebee and use a yellow Cliffjumper head instead on the LOAH Mould.

(Reason it reminds me of the Machine Wars toy Black with Yellow).

Also is there actually a character name for a Yellow Cliffjumper ? or is their a reason for him to be yellow if it's still Cliffjumper ?

Classics Bumblebee would be Bumper - Bumper seems more suited to the white accents somehow. I'd not really want an Orangey Bumper though.

United Bumblebee would be GoldBug

Henkei Bumblebee I'd leave as Bumblebee most likely. Partly as the colours suit and partly as I'd not want to risk breaking the head getting it off. If I was less concerned about breaking his head he'd also make a decent Bumper I'd say.

Perhaps one day their might be Tapout, Glit* (again), and perhaps even G2 Hubcap but I'd imagine that unlikely coming from Hasbro themselves. but extra head options does give you the option of making your own versions of them with some paint and a little effort.

Perhaps their might be some worth someday of someone making a Dreamwave era Battlemask Bumblebee too (where he wears a mask shaped like his Original Vintage toy's head) perhaps something engineered similarly to some movie toys.

What are your plans ? (if any) when it comes to Bumblebee head swapping ?

Please share your thoughts of what and why.

{edit}

*TYPO I meant Glyph not Glit.

2. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    i plan on using united as goldbug when that head upgrade comes out. i swapped WFC cliffjumpers head onto classic cliffjumper

[​IMG]

3. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    RTS is going to be goldbug in my collection once i get the head for it

4. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

That'd be a neat trick, considering Glit's a panther/cassette. I think you meant Glyph, and I'd prefer an entirely new mold for Glyph.

5. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    I don't love this mold. It's okay. I've bought it twice: Classics and RTS. RTS I repainted as Cliff and popped a WFC head on him. I don't care enough about Bumper, Glyph or Hubcap to buy them unless they had amazing new molds (unlikely). I don't know who Tapout is.

I do kind of care about Goldbug, but for the price I'd have to pay for the United version plus the new head, I'd want a whole new mold for him. I do really dig the Renderform head, though. If they were still available I'd probably grab one and put it on something else. Maybe repaint WFC Bee.

6. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    this

7. Slip►Stream

Slip►Stream Seeker Clone

News Credits: