Headrobots: NEW upgrades, Blood and Gyro

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by headrobots, Jun 19, 2010.

1. headrobots

headrobots head-on!!

News Credits:
    Prototype hardcopy pictures will be released after the convention, both kits much more than just new heads.

Early warning to get the figs while still in stores. (both figs come in the same pack) :scalper 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  2. Blurrz

Blurrz cantkillprogress

News Credits:
    Who is Gyro for?

edit - Oh, okay :) 

3. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It seems to be... Whirl? For... the ROTF Blackout-repaint Whirl? Oh, well, he came in a two-pack with Bludgeon, so I see what they did there...

(EDIT: OP edited while I was expositin'!)

4. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Should be interesting. May have to pick up the set now that the price has dropped, and I have a $5 off coupon. Not too interested in Bludgeon (since IMO the voyager is great), but this will hopefully make Whirl look a lot more classicy.

5. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eh, if these were intended for Voyager Bludgeon and the upcoming Deluxe Tomahawk, I might consider it, but I can't see buying the Whirl/Bludgeon TRU set for this.

6. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

^^ Same.

7. Tirade

Tirade Hate Plague Autobot

Hmmm, not particularly interested in this upgrade kit(s). That mold for Bludgeon is solid, but the Voyager one is so much better. Why not a head upgrade for that? While the head isn't bad, I know some would prefer a more G1 feel.

As for the Whirl, I couldn't give a fudge about that upgrade. I usually love the HeadRobots products (I own so many Cobra HMs), but this seems like a poor offering.

8. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    These heads and their intended host mold are aesthetically incompatible, in my opinion of course.

9. Shadowbreaker

Shadowbreaker \/ /\

News Credits:
    I wonder if Gyro head will be in scale with Energon Bulkhead..... (I don't own E. Bulkhead)

Either way, I might get this for my Whirl. And Bludgeon..

10. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think people are forgetting how small the head on blackout is it could easily be compatible with Deluxe size toys like Tomahawk. Also the bludgeon head could go great on Cybertron unicron. As with any other 3rd party it comes down to price

11. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    I... don't see the point in doing new heads for this set, considering Haskara already made a perfectly good Voyager class Bludgeon that actually looks like Bludgeon in robot mode. In fact, a new head would just complete the look.

But a new head for the Wreckage repaint? And the always terrible Blackout/Evac mold?

But Transformers toys don't have universal neck joints.

12. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed! The Hardhead kit is backwards compatible with G1 right? Maybe these can work with those two?

I'd like to hope so at least.
    I really like the way that Bludgeon head looks. Especially the IDW style one.

13. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Given the recent drop in price, coupled with the $5 coupon from Recon Ravage, this set has been increasingly becoming more desirable. THIS makes it that much more, these look really cool! NTM pretty kickass names too! Good job on these Headrobots:thumbs2: 

14. blue death

blue death TokuNation Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    they cant possibly be backwards compatible with the G1 figures of Whirl and Bludgeon, neither of them were headmasters at all. i mean Bludgeons head is part of his shell and splits in two.

the IDW style Bludgeon head does look awesome but i love the head on my voyager Bludgeon i dont think id ever want to ruin him by taking that head off, as for the 2-pack this set is intended for, i would consider it for the IDW head for Bludgeon because then i could essentially have a classics IDW Bludgeon after adding some much needed paint to the deluxe figure

15. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Wow, I'm really liking these. A lot. I'll have to see what they look like on the toys themselves, but these are definitely on my watch list.

Love that IDW Bludgeon.

16. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Seems to me like a rather random set to make a third party upgrade for, but...Whatever. *Shrug*

17. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Those heads look awesome. :D  I think Headrobots is turning out to be a really cool 3rd party company, really glad that they're trying things that non-headmaster owners can enjoy.

18. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As great as Headrobots is, I can't see the need to upgrade these 2, there really not in scale with the Universe and not very desirable, with voyager bludgen being a much better mold then the deluxe it seems like a wasted opportunity to make something badass. If it was a kickass upgrade for Voyager Bludgeon I would be all over it.

And i originally thought the other fig was shockblast to Shockwave. That would be something. When I seen it was the Deluxe whirl it was a easy pass. BUt i hope it sells well for these guys cause there pretty good company.

19. VBBN

VBBN The Awakened

News Credits:
    Damn. If these were for the MUCH superior versions I would consider them, but not for the two pack molds.

20. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    If this was for the ROTF voyager version of our favorite skull faced ninja robot I'd get it in a second.