Headrobots Cobra Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by GMfan101, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Nerdicon

Nerdicon Caffene=Energon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah me too. One for TF monopoly pics and one of a TF movie trailer. (bad quality and all)

2. Quicky

Quicky TRANSFORM and ROLL OUT!!!

Ebay:
    Well I put in my order for Cobra seeing as the quality is there. My Classics Hardhead awaits his partner.

3. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Just talking Generally, not making specific request of 'HEADROBOTS'.

I just hope that 'Someone' makes mass produced Targetmasters or has a crack at making that Headmaster Roller design from one of the books.

I agree with the 'Oracle Aesir' that it's a very marketable idea to make the animal heads that match the existing Animal Mode Decepticons like the Croc,& Wolf.

I like the idea that they'd probably store either the new head or the original head when those characters in their robot mode in the internal space most of them have.

Oh and the reason I like the differently designed more Humanoid heads as I was thinking that they make good crew for vehicle and bases that use figures of that size. like Scorponok.

I'm full of ideas though - a Scorpion mode Cassette and a beast Wars accessory weapon set is a long running want of mine too for example.

I was looking at the unarmored Calibur yesterday online- but I'd rather have the armored one which I can't find except at a premium price - I already have the Universe one and the Original Roadbuster though.

I tried to order the gun/headset for him but the guy selling them had to refund me as he moved jobs and was unable to deliver them so that was a small shame.

----------------

I'd be interested what you general thoughts for the future might be -

1) more small figures, [like Heads]
    2) general add on sets, [Guns or general accessories]
    3) original or updated figure concepts, [Like that new Roller and Springer people have done/doing]
    4) weapons add ons or upgrades [like the shields/ swords]
    5) PVC or similar human figures and ancillary TV show characters [like Impossible toys do]
    6) Original designs [Like that ice age Animal combiner someones working on]
    7) Things Takara never made like the llama Triplechanger- Actionmaster Ultra magnus and so on.

How do you see the future of your projects going ?

------------------------------------------------

I wonder if anyone ever will make a Beast Wars upgrade set - I feel like a voice in the wilderness on that.

4. TGping

TGping Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Awesome stuff! I dont even have any headmaster bodies and I'm thinking of ordering the cobra head!

I will be buying that hothead, resin or otherwise :D 

5. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

The humanoid standing over the Cougar reminds me of Daniel (coincidentally, the head resembles Arcee's). The other one looks like a cross between Ultra Magnus (G1) and God Magnus (CR/RiD).

In addition to the upcoming Iguana, I like the 2 humanoids, Bear, Bull, and Cougar. (I'd especially like to see the 1st 4 made.) I'd also be interested in trying to make a female headmaster with the Cougar (lol). The Wolf, Dugong, and Jackson's Chameleon are cool too. I prefer the Alligator to the Crocodile though.

As for the Cobra, I want to see him in Cobra Blue (I'm not kidding) and Black with a Silver robot visor and possibly some "Crimson" detailing. I'd probably want to put him in control of Highbrow or (a possibly black-painted) Snapdragon.

6. SpicyRichter

SpicyRichter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't know if this has already been posted, but they updated the final colours on this:

[​IMG]

7. Lord Vulcan

Lord Vulcan Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The headrobots custom cobra headmaster pictorial review

The packaging

Seems to have been designed to display the headmaster in head mode for those who like to display TF's in boxes. Its easy to open as it is just held closed by a few tabs. On the back we get a few warning messages and a bio.

The figure

Well you get a tank and a head mode. the tank is quite a nice touch and makes it unique like those JP headmasters which I believe was the point as it was based on an unused concept sketch. Colours are nice but the plastic quality does feel a bit cheap. When you connect the headmaster head to a headmaster body you get the stats SPD 7 STR 5 INT 6 so he's a balanced headmaster.

Conculsion
    A very well designed piece that seems to fit well with most headmasters {it looks ace when mounted on snapdragons beast mode too.} but its colours and shape may work better with some than others.

I'd recommend it if you like or have a lot of G1 headmaster figures as you need to have at least one HM to appreciate this unique third party product.

Rating 4/5

Attached Files:

8. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I like the way this guy looks, if I had a headmaster I'd probably have to pick this guy up.

9. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Heh. I've got mine connected to Snapdragon right now, too. :thumb 

This little guy is cool overall. The sculpt is sharply detailed. The plastic quality is great, and the molding is very smooth. Unfortunately, some of the detail is easy to miss in the off-white plastic. The only paint applications are the yellow for the cobra eyes and robot visor. The paint is very neatly applied, but again, due to the colors chosen, doesn't stand out well. In my perfect world, the plastic colors would be black and a lighter/less bluish green with red or purple paint details.

My favorite thing about this figure is the idea behind it. Taking unproduced G1 concepts and making them today has wonderful potential. I support it on those grounds (though the figure is well-executed in its own right), and voted with my wallet in the hopes that the folks at Headrobots will make more.

Recommended!

10. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Woah, he looks great on Snapdragon! Snapdragon is the only Headmaster I still have and he's currently headless, so I might have to get one of these...

11. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    I got mine a while ago and loved it so much I bought a second one for one of my headmaster bodies. Can't wait to see their future products!

12. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm still waiting on mine to arrive from BBTS. I bought a Skullcruncher specifically for this guy a few weeks ago, and can't wait to see how it looks. Tomorrow can't get here soon enough :mail 

13. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
  14. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    from flywheels' review...
    There are some very slight changes to the peg on the final version so that it fits better into the neck socket. But otherwise they are the same quality.

15. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Thanks for the info Might Gaine.

16. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Any pics of the bottom/back of the head? What does it look like on Snapdragon in dragon mode?

17. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I love this little guy! I did prefer the original darker colors, but there's nothing wrong with the final production colors...they work together nicely and I think it looks great on all the Decepticon Headmasters. The quality is great, and I'll definitely be interested in anything Headrobots releases.

18. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You know, I was looking at this review and noticed, I think this is the only time I remember seeing a custom faction symbol on a third party Transformer toy. We need to have not-Autobot and not-Decepticon symbols that different 3P companies can use on their boxes. How about this one as the official not-official Decepticon symbol for third party toys?

[​IMG]

BTW - Can some moderator move this thread to third party toy reviews?

EDIT - Thanks!

19. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    IMHO it's way too close to the real thing, especially with copying the gradient colors style. Riskiest thing they could do.