Headrobots Blood: The Dark Warrior Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Quixote_Prime, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    Here's some static pics and a review of Headrobots Blood, 4th release. Subtitled: The Dark Warrior. I appreciate any feedback.

[​IMG]

I'm really impressed with this product even if there are a few snags that I discovered. Literal snags.

[​IMG]

Small packaging, great artwork. Mine, which I purchased from BBTS did not have any seal on the package.

[​IMG]

The instructions on back help remove the ROTF head, which I found a pretty straightforward task.

[​IMG]

A comparison of what you may replace with the kit:

[​IMG]

Compare to the G1 toy and Marvel UK awesomeness:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeah, we're never going to get that.

A master of Metalliko needs appropriate swords!

[​IMG]

The head just snaps on to the peg and you may rotate it from the G1/Marvel/Pretender version to the IDW one.

[​IMG]

And here's the tank mode. In my version the tank bit fit snugly on the longer sword's handle without any wobbling. I'm very pleased both with this and the storage of it on Bludgeon's back.

Sword without barrel end:

[​IMG]

With cover:

[​IMG]

Two remarks. The G1/Marvel/Pretender head wobbles a bit when I move the figure. When I have it on the IDW head it does not. I don't know if this is the peg on the head of my Bludegeon or the molding on Headrobot's head. This doesn't bother me too much.

The slightly more serious concern I have is the clearance on the helmet. I have not yet been able to get Bludgeon in alt mode without the helmet coming off of the head. I haven't observed any marks on the helmet from the transformation but I can't get the helmet to stay on when the head slides down without keeping a finger on the top. This might be my copy of the Bludgeon mold and it might be the Headrobot piece itself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Regardless of these small concerns I love this upgrade quite a bit since it gives me a much more classics-fied (in my view) Bludgeon.

A Bludgeon who can take care of any of the currently burgeoning martial-arts-flavored-Insecticon nonsense.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EDIT: Added some reference pictures.

2. optimusfan

optimusfan Kill your heroes Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Good review. I believe the head issues were mentioned in a video review for this guy as well, so it's not just you. Regardless, I agree with your assessment that it's a worthwhile tradeoff for the improved aesthetic.

Now I just need to convince someone to buy a set for me for my birthday. :D 

3. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

That looks awesome. Can't wait to get mine.

4. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Im wondering how this would look on hftd banzaitron. Anyone have pics or try it yet?

5. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice review QP, love those chrome swords. Mine are in POL for now, still waiting for a couple more stuff before shipping.

6. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    The G1 Pretender head is great, but it needs a wash to really fill out the details. Otherwise it's just a big white face with big red eyes. Other than that this set is great. I just shipped my POL and this set is part of it.

7. MrSneis

MrSneis Build Giant Robot!

News Credits:
    Looks amazing! I am a little mad at myself for ordering this from Robot Kingdom along with classics Hot Rod re-release. I cannot cancel my order apparently (according to their FAQ) and blood won't ship without Roddy so I am SOL. (Another problem is that I am moving so I have no idea what's going to happen if/when it ships). Meanwhile everyone's getting theirs and I'm jealous!

8. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Nice review. I canceled my set a while back but I'm gonna go ahead and pick it up now. I think it's worth every penny. Nice job HR!

9. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Nice review....

Few questions

1. Correct if Im wrong but I thought there were suppose to be 2 separate heads, one Rotf bludgeon and one for the 2 pack whirl vs bludgeon

2. Can Generations Drift hold those swords....

10. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    Headrobots is also making a set of heads for the Whirl/Bludgeon ROTF deluxe set.

The swords do not fit regular pegs but need open hands to hold them.

I think I will give Bludgeon's swords to Grappel [sic].

Not sure the aesthetic would fit Hftd Banzaitron. But ymmv.

11. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love the look of this set. Can't wait for mine.

The only thing I wish it did was have the ability to plug the shorter sword into the longer sword like the original.

12. Mixmaster

Mixmaster Chewbacca's chiropractor

News Credits:
    Mine was missing the cover :(  It went straight back to Kapow without being opened.

13. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    One thing I like about the sword is that unlike the normal sword, it fits easily into either hand without having to wrestle with soft plastic. I can put this sword into either hand, have Bludgeon grip it nicely, and without any type of stressing on the sword hilt or the hands.

I'm a little concerned with how snug the small sword fits into the backpack, as I am the sword base near the hilt where it fits into the turret. How well is that chrome on there? Do I need to worry about it rubbing off?

14. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Got mine today, its freaking awesome, do think I'm going to give the head and nice detail wash. But all my parts fit nice a snug and the QC is amazing just like it was for hardhead

15. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I've got my set and I love it, only problem I've got is the tanks gun barrel doesn't fit very well onto the swords handle, might need some clear nail varnish around the inside of that or something.

16. headrobots

headrobots head-on!!

News Credits:
    hello friends, contact us on facebook for direct questions. that is checked a lot more than the tons of threads that pop up on worldwide blogs and forums.

the chrome finish is extremely durable. if you compare it to the other 3rd party chrome it is much better and even compared to 80s robot chrome the clear coat is much thicker, that's what gives it that mirror shine :) 

@mixmaster, what do you mean the cover was missing? the turret cover?

17. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Umm actually I just tried the swords with my drift and the fit, a little loose but I'm now ordering a 2nd set just for the purpose of the swords and painting the handles will fix the looseness

IMO Drift looks BADASS holding these swords

18. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Mine just came today, loving this set:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Have a minor paint issue with the other head though, no biggie.

19. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    has anybody given the skull a light wash? still curious to see how that looks

20. Mixmaster

Mixmaster Chewbacca's chiropractor

News Credits:
    Yes.