Headrobots Blood DX Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Kuma Style, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Climb Razor

Climb Razor Ultra

I like the thought of still having the inner shell bot mode, even with the add-on kit. For me, adding the new parts is like a "Super-mode" or True form.

Adds more for play/display.

2. Jerrymiru

Jerrymiru TF Ninja

Yikes. Man what is up with Headrobots.

That part is to attach the turret to the black gun on the bot in both modes. This makes me wonder a little about BBTS a little as well. It only takes a quick glance to see something missing like that.

Got mine from Robot Kingdom. Price was good and I was getting a Jet Vehicon at the same time anyways.

3. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But where is that part supposed to be stored in package? There's no specific place for it so I thought it might come inside the turret, which means you wouldn't even be able to see it if the package is closed.

4. Jerrymiru

Jerrymiru TF Ninja

It was. It was under the turret. My bad. Looked again.

5. Bonty

Bonty Dipstick Tapedeck

Broke it too. First TF part I've broken since the '80s, super disappointed.

No clicking on the chest piece, just the splaying of one of the legs. Will email RK and see if they can do anything for me.

6. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Well-Known Member

Where did you get that gun? It is awesome!

7. Jerrymiru

Jerrymiru TF Ninja

Do a search for m.s.g. weapon unit 20 Gatling Gun. The web site amiami.com is a good place as well as on ebay if you hunt. Got mine in about a week and only cost about 16 clams.

It's like a model kit that you put together, which was not bad at all. (No glue) Also, it has a wind up motor in it that makes the barrels spin!!! :D 

There are others units as well. Like the unit 26 which is a large chain saw that goes great with the MakeToys Yellow/Green Giants too. However a little harder to find now.

8. bkz

bkz Deceptifiend

I'm looking forward to getting this kit, but with the few crotch pieces being broken i am starting to second guess it (I know i never have to remove it). Would it help if I heat it up for a few seconds in boiling water to soften it then snap it on?

9. Jerrymiru

Jerrymiru TF Ninja

Not sure... or even about very carefully shaving the 'hook' ends just a little. Don't really want to remove mine after the postings. The plastic is pretty thick which might be part of the problem since it inhertly does not want to have any 'give'. And I do have a small stress mark at the base of one of the 'arms' to the crotchplate now that I look at it closer. So keeping it there now.

Worst comes to worst there is still the glue option. Still a great set though.

10. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Problem is this version of Bludgeon is supposed to look like the INNER robot, not the shell. He already has an inner robot accurate head! The weapons are a good add on, but the head is not right. I'd buy the set without the head.

I mean compare G1 Bludgeon's head with that of the Deluxe movie toys. It's pretty close.

G1 Bludgeon's head:
    [​IMG]

Movie Deluxe Bludgeon's head:
    [​IMG]

11. hardreturn

hardreturn Ian Reid

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    i like to think of it as the inner IDW bot and then voyager is the shell.

i really need to ship this…c'mon bbts, get something else in my POL

12. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now if someone could kitbash the two sets to do something along these lines... that would be insane. And AWESOME.

Gotta admit, the Blood DX kit looks sweet on the Deluxe Bludgeon.

13. OptionZero

OptionZero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same problem here. It wasn't under the turret, unless i dropped it and it disappeared into the abyss. My place isn't even that big, so I think it was never there. I barely walked away with it before noticing i was missing something in the instructions.

Hope TFS can replace it.

14. pingth

pingth Autocon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Better be late than never....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Jerrymiru

Jerrymiru TF Ninja

Pingth , did you have any issues with the crotch piece at all? Or try out anything to help install it?

NICE pics too!!! :) 

16. pingth

pingth Autocon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, I didnt have any issue with the crotch piece. I did read some earlier posts, so I try to be careful as much as possible so as not to damage it while installing it onto the figure, so it just snapped in fine and I wouldn't remove it anymore.

17. Bonty

Bonty Dipstick Tapedeck

Update to my post #45 above ^^^.

I emailed RobotKingdom back in September, they asked for pics and said they would get in touch with the manufacturer. I emailed them back with the pics but didn't hear anything else from them.

I emailed them again a couple of weeks ago, they replied that they hadn't heard anything from the manufacturer so they opened another set up for me and sent a replacement part, which arrived today. So, thanks very much RobotKingdom.

18. John ofthe Dead

John ofthe Dead Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I have to be honest. I don't like this kit very much. It doesn't help that, despite all the warnings and caution, I still managed to snap off the waist piece tabs. That's just poorly engineered. In fact, all the parts feel like the required tolerances are just way too tight. Getting the tank turret attached to the robot back is an exercise in frustration, as it just *barely* fits, and even then, it requires fiddling with the tank rear hatch and the blade sheaths on the legs. Plus, the scabbards fall off the turret at the drop of a feather in bot mode. Meanwhile, the head is too loose, and removing the helmet to transform it results in pulling the head completely off more often than not. I understand that working on a Deluxe toy is more difficult than a Voyager, since it's so much smaller, but I rather get the feeling that HeadRobots might need to stick to what they do best: robot heads. This conversion kit has too many misses in my opinion. I'm glad other are enjoying theirs, and maybe I was just unlucky, but I cannot recommend this kit. Alas.