HEADROBOTS: 3-Day Order Period for Gyro, DLX Blood Update

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by headrobots, Mar 11, 2011.

1. headrobots

headrobots head-on!!

News Credits:
    Dear Friends,

Due to an unexpected sell-out we are glad to offer 3 days of ordering for Gyro.

There is a cap to the amount since the process is time consuming but we believe the maximum quantity should be enough so everyone can get one. We cannot produce anymore after this, please see this page for more info. Orders open tonight at midnight.

MegaToyFan

edit in:
    Before hothead came out there were numerous comments that it could not attached like in the prototype photos without modifying the base-figure and it was not true. We would not release a kit if it required heavy modifications or if the stock head was difficult to remove. You should not try to just pull the head off, please wait for the product which will have instructions.

If you cannot wait the head is removed in 3 easy steps:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DLX Blood will be a mass-released kit and we wanted to do this in a process similar to toys from the 80s. Everything except the head and helmet are lovingly and carefully crafted by hand by our talented artist. This is our most complex kit so far that dramatically alters both modes and we went through a lot of work to make sure things were accurate. The hardcopies will be ready soon for molding.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  2. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Damn, that Blood turned out pretty damn tempting. Good to see you re-opened the Gyro, I know a lot of people were upset to miss out. Now do I go out and track down this two-pack this weekend?

3. C-109

C-109 Targetmaster

Very cool of you to do more Gyro sets for those that missed out earlier. :thumb 

But I have to ask: any chance of a return to doing more headmasters like Cobra? I LOVED that little guy and was hoping for more like him.

4. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I still get this error when I attempt to checkout and pay:

5. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    that would be because it is not mid night eastern time like the notice said when they will become available for ordering...it's in bold letters...along with the one per customer warning.

6. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    wait till midnight

7. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Awesome the Gyro kits are seeing a larger release! Good job responding to the fans :) 

That Blood it is also looking pretty damn awesome. I'll be waiting patiently for it.

8. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes, you asked and we responded. A little over an hour to go. Looks like another night without sleep..... :) 

Also, for those wondering, a lot of Toys R us stores still have the two pack on clearance for $19.99. I have actually heard of them selling for half that.

9. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    YES!! Im so glad that dx Blood set is being made. I prefer a deluxe Bludgeon over a voyager one. I can't wait. This will be my Classics Bludgeon ;) 

10. megamus

News Credits:
    Pre-orders are up

11. Zambot

Zambot Pixarian Artobot

News Credits:
    Pre-ordered!! Woot! :thumbs2: 

12. sunlink

sunlink Be Transformed TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thanks!! I was able to preorder mine.

Though an interesting bit at midnight I had added one of the "Out of Stock" items into my cart. But it told me I couldn't continue. (that's a good thing =) I checked the main page again and noticed the head was back in stock and added it to my cart. Lo and behold I had two of them in my cart. I removed one so my total was one after checking out. That's just an FYI if it needs to be fixed.

13. ruinnatn

ruinnatn Silently Oldschool

Got it!!! Yay!!!

14. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Preordered. Thanks guys!

15. megamus

News Credits:
    For anyone wanting to pick them up at the parts party please use the coupon FREEBIE ALL CAPS!!! IT WILL NOT WORK OTHERWISE.....

16. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    So happy got a preorder in and wont have to :scalper  I offer a heartfelt thanks to the people who worked to make this possible. Thank you. Also Wreck & Rule!!!!! Also I wonder how long till this sells out? and how many people bought multiples of the first run?

17. megamus

News Credits:
    Good questions. Unlike other companies who like to mask how many were made I will come right out and explain. I processed all the orders so I am to blame for the limit of 3 for the first pre-orders. The reason was simple, I had to make an order of 100 and was not sure of the response. I did not want to get stuck with 100 of them for myself so I made it a limit of 3. Thinking that some people would buy 2 for themselves and 1 for someone else who might have missed them. I can also tell you this for a fact. That less than 10% of the orders taken were for more than 1. Yes that is less than 10 orders. The maker was gracious enough to allow me to place the additional order on Monday. So I figured open up the gates and see how many we need to order. Now, here comes the hard part. If we take 1000 pre-orders I think the guy will hunt me down. I don't think the response will be that great but the way my luck has been going.... If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask. I am open and honest about this. We are collectors, anyone who has meet me knows this.

18. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got my preorder in, thanks!

- Gregg

19. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    Gyro ordered!

20. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Blood set is w/o the head? If I'm reading that right?