Headmasters Scorponok

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Who the hell you two talking about? That radio guy on the Autobots? His name is clearly BILLY!

Optimus is Convoy in Japan for two reasons:

Optimus Prime is hard for Japanese kids to say (they do have a different language after all), and the toy was Battle Convoy in Diaclone and was somewhat popular there.

Rodimus Convoy because they don't have Prime there. Convoy=Prime.

That's vaguely, or borderline, racist sounding there. The Japanese version is different, that's all...and G1 was hardly perfect on either side of the ocean.

2. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    Dunno what version your are watching buddy but in my version it clearly is BROADCAST and TWINCAST, there is even a scene where daniel receives him with all the group and calls him "broadcast" and the radio guy tells him "not broadcast, twincast!"

This I totally agree.

I totally agree that it is just a different series however, what RACISM has to do with thinking the way he thinks? if he grew watching it for him it is perfect, for Japanese kids Japanese series are perfect, it is a cultural thing and not racist.

3. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I get what your saying, But that line wasnt him "Reproducing a sound" he recorded.

He was relaying information he got from the Autobots, but it wasnt a recording of any of their voices.It was Ravages voice.

The US toon was far from perfect.