Headmasters,Masterforce,Victory DVD problem

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by -l-AYATOLLAH-l-, Jul 30, 2009.

1. -l-AYATOLLAH-l-

-l-AYATOLLAH-l- Well-Known Member

I recently bought the Chinese version of these on DVD and its region free but it still wont work in my PS2. I've tried the Madman Entertainment version (at least it said they are) that were region free also and they wouldn't work. Anyone else have problems with PS2s not playing DVDs that are region free? If so is there a fix?

2. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

It's because they are PAL format. You need a dvd player and tv that can support PAL.

3. -l-AYATOLLAH-l-

-l-AYATOLLAH-l- Well-Known Member

So they aren't really region free then? Both the Chinese version and Madman versions are advertised as region free. Weird.

4. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Actually, the DVDs in question are Region-free, but the video is a different format from standard U.S. NTSC video. PAL has a different frame rate. Region coding is a mechanism for blocking foreign markets from buying out of region video products. Stupid but true.

I have a region-free, PAL to NTSC video converting DVD player that I got from here:Multi region Code Free dvd player all region dvd players

They look shady as hell, but they are actually legit. You ought to give them a try.

5. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Also some of the cheaper DVD players can play PAL as well.

I got real lucky this way with my Headmasters set, we had bought my daughter a cheap-o $30 DVD player at Wal-Mart and I tried my HM DVD set on it. IT WORKED!! I had bought a format-free DVD player and didn't even realize it!!