Headmasters in TF3

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Gieferg, Nov 26, 2009.

?

Is Sam-Headmaster good idea?

1. good idea

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  2. It could be interesting

13 vote(s)
    37.1%
  3. I dont care...

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  4. not so good idea but...

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  5. Bad idea

15 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. Gieferg

Gieferg Well-Known Member

So, what would you say about Headmasters included in TF3?

They put pretender (sort of) in ROTF, they put combiner (sort of, cause I think that Devs is just one robot here), so, what if they'll put some headmasters in 3?

Sam was running with some ancient artifacts in first and second movie. That's enough. And let's face it - he must have a big role in the movie, and he must do something important. So why not make him headmaster? If they do it, there is a chance that instead running away Sam, we can get one more fighting robot (and this is what it should be about). In second movie we had plenty of transformers but not so much transformers vs transformers fighting. If human leading character become transformer, there will be some action involving him for sure. It also could be just some kind of exoskeleton instead of classic headmaster.

There is need for some character evolution and (at least for me) it looks like this is the right way for it.

And what could be plot-reason for doing something like that? Maybe there is some powerful enemy (let's say Unicron), who can mess up transformers brains and the only way to avoid that is human-factor added to them?

2. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    could be neat if it was done right

3. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

No, it would be trashy to see Sam in a Exosuit or an Transformer Body.

4. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Only if the heads are TFs, not humans in a suit.

The small TFs could just go up to any earth vehicle, "all-spark" it by some power they have, then transform into the head for it. Then when in a battle, the body gets destroyed, instead of being dead, the head would just transform and run away to get a new body later. I could especially see this as a good concept for the decepticons. It would make them harder to track down and kill. At some point, the autobots would figure out they have to go for the head. Wait... Prime already does that. Demolisher: killed by head shot. Grindor: Killed by splitting headache. Fallen: had his face ripped off his head. Megatron: Had half his head blown off with his own gun. Ok, so only Prime can kill headmasters. :D 

5. Gieferg

I dont think that introducing this kind of headmasters would serve any real purpose in live action movie, which is in fact more about humans dealing with transformers than transformers themselves. For me, humans-headmasters are far more interesting thing to watch in Transformers movie than US army equipment which Bay loves so much that he must show it to us at every occasion.

6. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    NO. They don't need to squeeze in every concept that's ever been in a Transformers series. Stick with the basics, because this would be as fail as the "Pretender".

7. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    This ^^
    Headmasters can FAIL. Keep Transformers simple.

8. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

BAD idea.

9. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    It would be cheesy as hell. Besides how can a common human bend the same way a transformer does?

10. Gieferg

Yeah, whatever. Nobody even try to give any reasons why this is bad idea, but that's exactly what I expected.

They were doing it so far, and they will continue . No doubt about it.

So let's give Sam another artifact with which he can running for the last 30 minutes of the third movie. Cause if he cannot fight, running is the only thing that he can do.

11. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    hell to the NO!

12. Gieferg

Ok. And that's because...? :rolleyes: 

(and btw - I am almost sure that we will see it sooner or later)

13. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

it good idea - sam come head of creros and creros come head of fort maximus
    dainel come head of bumblebee
    sam 's wife come head of acree

14. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Poll needs a "No Way in Hell" option. Because it's guaranteed fail.

15. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

It's just majorly cheesy. Also, the movies try to stay realistic. How can a human in armor bend the same way as a TF?

16. mttyns

mttyns Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it would be completely unnecessary, and would be yet another thing that could get left unexplained; I don;t think they should even look at triple changers or any more combiners either. Why would newer characters have these extra special abilities on top of transforming when they've not been present in any of the established characters? And if it's 'new technology' why would it suddenly come about within the space of a few years when the Transformers have existed for millenia

That was one of the faults with the original G1 series; by the end of it nearly every new character was a combiner or could turn into more than one thing, though this was of course totally down to the development of the toy line over several years. But in the movieverse the characters come first and then the toys developed, so I think it'd be better to concentrate on good characters and the story rather than unnecessary gimmicks.

17. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always thought about Sam becoming a part of Bumblebee... but I think this ship has sailed since TF2 had Sam with the Transformer knowledge in his mind.

18. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I've never been a fan of the whole human in a suit/cyborg type of head master. Just feels goofy to me.
    TFA did it slightly better in making the headmaster unit a small mech vehicle, piloted by a human.

They could take the pretender concept that They’ve introduced in ROTF, and combine that into a headmaster as well.
    Basically, have a pretender that dives his/her own body in alt-mode, and then it transforms, they go bot mode, jump up onto the shoulders of their bigger body, and then transform into the head.

That's the only way I'd be able to take a big screan variation of headmasters seriously.

19. Gieferg

Bayformers ARE cheesy. ROTF especially.
    So it fits perfectly :) 

And who said that it should work that way in the movie? It would be just stupid as hell. We dont have 15 ft tall robots transforming into radio, and I suppose that Headmasters idea would be also handled differently than in the comic-books/cartoon. So no transforming people, just put the man in the suit into TF body, plug him in and that's it.

Cause that's the way it is in Transformers universe since its beginning :)  Something new is introduced quite often (too often) but I can live with that.

I wonder why all of new technology suddenly come about in XX century. People have existed for millenia :p 

Agree to that. After first movie I wanted more robots, but it means "more screentime for robots" and not what we ultimately got.

But I prefer to have one Sam headmaster, let's say Fort Max (not whole new bunch of new transformers-headmasters) as new thing fo third movie, than 20 new robots with roles as "big" as Sideways, Constructicons, Sideswipe, Arcee, Jolt or Ratchet have in ROTF. But let's face it, Hasbro wants to sell more toys, and 40 robots with 1 minute of screentime each, is better from that point of view than 4 robots with 10 minutes of screentime each.