Headmasters episode 2 - search for the matrix

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Discussion' started by Hikuro, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Hikuro

Hikuro Matrix Bearer

Ebay:
    Taking place after Episode 1, Galvatron attacks Cybertron with a new group of Decepticons calling themselves Headmasters. This attack sends Optimus Prime and crew from Athena to help defend the planet but are quickly losing the battle.
    When all hope seems lost an Autobot group of headmasters appear and help our heroes out.

However the core explosion of Vector Sigma sends Optimus Prime into the deep and puzzling reaches of the planets center and without the Matrix it's possible Optimus could lose his life once again.
    It is now up to Hot Rod and Blaster to find the Matrix on earth and return to Cybertron to give it to their great hero, but Galvatron has other plans.

YouTube - Transformers Headmasters Episode 2 Part 1
    YouTube - Transformers Headmasters Episode 2 Part 2
    YouTube - Transformers Headmasters Episode 2 Part 3

2. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    Haha! That was awesome, guys. Good to hear Timey in there too. And that guy doing Prime was epic! ;)  Galvatron and Kup were by far the best voices in the entire episode, imo.

3. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Very cool!

4. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

Ironcally it's the same actor. ;)  And how about that guy doing Prime? I think he's ready for Prime Time. :) 

5. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    Those are great. The only big thing I miss is jon doing Ultra Magnus. The Galvatron voice is great!

6. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :lol  whose name was left out of the credits in this ep, which I'm sure was just an oversight.

7. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thanks for these--with all 3 parts!!!..glad to see them here :thumb 

8. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    ...but apparently not Transformers: Prime-time. :D 

Aw, thanks. There's a story behind that though. They were already using someone for UM before I came along and they thought it would be unfair to the other guy to replace him with me. I agree.

Timey2Wimey who voiced Blaster... known by his friends as Matt Clarke.

9. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

It appears there was more than 1 mix up because Timey wasn't listed and neither was Curt who voiced Galvatron and Kup. :(  And those were both actors with large roles who put on a great performance in this episode.

Hik that txt file didn't have their names listed in it, I checked. :( 

10. blurr69

blurr69 First time caller

Ebay:
    I had to stop watching after primes "whoa".. I definitely give it an A for effort, I know and appreciate what level of effort goes into a collaboration like this but... yeahhhh.. Ill be the first, and maybe only, to say I couldnt watch em.. Even with all the fine tuning of professional editing, all the dialog just sounds/feels to unnatural to me, personally. But, admittedly, I 9.9 times outta 10 prefer subs to dubs >.>. Even if I cant understand the spoken language, I prefer reading a translators interpretations in subtitle form, preserving the natural attitudes/emotions of the language being acted. THAT kinda stuff just doesnt translate, imo;;. A good example in my mind would be two people in a german film arguing.. Now play the same scene in english with the exact same quality of voice acting.. While the words get translated... the.. Im not even sure what you could call it, doesnt.. I guess the best way to describe would just be, the way a scene makes me feel ::shrugs::

All just imo of course, and Im no one, so.. grain of salt.

my applause and admiration all the same ^^.

11. Motor_Master

News Credits:
    Sorry I meant to quote your post referencing Galvatron and Kup (voiced by yours truely).

12. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    I have similar feelings. In MY opinion, if one is going to do a dub, one should write a brand-new script to fit the action instead of just interpreting the original language into English. My only reservation about this episode is that there are quite large gaps in dialog in several places. I would have limited the narration and increased the lines for the characters to make the episode more fluid but I understand that these guys were trying to make an accurate translated dub of the original.

Oops! My bad. You did an EXCELLENT job for those characters. I may hit you up for some VO for something of mine in the future if you're interested.

13. Motor_Master

News Credits:
    I'm always game to record funny voices in a microphone!

14. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Glad to see this finally get released. I'm still pissed Mindwipe keeps getting shafted in the dialog department. He's still my favorite voice to do. lol