headmasters dvd ever in US?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by teejay00, May 8, 2007.

1. teejay00

teejay00 i hate mods

if this has been asked recently i apologize. i did a search and came up empty.

just curious if, or when, the headmasters, or any other of the japan series would be released in the us. i know the headmasters had been released in the uk. so i figured it was just a matter of time.

2. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

None of the Japanese series have ever been released on DVD in the US.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    And none of them are being prepared for release here.

4. teejay00

teejay00 i hate mods

so since there may never be a us release how are the uk versions?
    does anyone know

5. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Metrodome has outstanding sets of Headmasters, Masterforce and Victory. However you'll need a region-free dvd player (a good one costs aobut $100).

http://transformersdvd.com/

I think you can also still buy these on Amazon UK.

You might also be able to find cheaper DVDs of Chinese make on ebay, but the quality isn't as good and those are region 2 as well. (and the dubbing is bad) I prefer Metrodome's subtitles.

Cheapest way would be to download the episodes, but that's always seemed a bit pirate to me.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Metrodome's DVD sets are excellent. Headmasters is the weakest of the three, but it is still not bad - just one episode where the subtitles needed more proofreading, and another episode where the odd sub from another episode creeps in.

Masterforce and Victory are much better, possibly because they aren't tied down by trying to use US continuity names for a Japanese continuity series.

7. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well most everyone said there'd never be a Masterpiece Megatron made as a gun before it happend, so who knows.

I'd like to hope that if the movie takes off, that companies will be scramblin to get their hands on anything Tf to make a buck on. So maybe later.

8. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Excitement! My Style!!!

News Credits:
    or you could just download the torrents from TV-Nihon. I have that series on my computer, but I still bought the Metrodome trilogy just because... There's also a ton on DVD players out there that can be hacked to play any/all regions. I paid $22 for one at Best Buy just to watch these 3 series'.

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Very true. I personally hope that the DVDs, if they do get released, improve on the translations for Headmasters. As I said, a little dodgy QC in there.

I get the impression though that any DVDs released would use Metrodome's translations. I don't think the interest will be there to retranslate 100 or so episodes, though I'd love to be proven wrong.

I'd also like to be proven wrong and have the current TF voice acting cast make a dub for all three shows. That could be quite interesting to watch.

10. KidDynamite

KidDynamite don't know nothing Veteran

Several years ago when Rhino still had the G1 license, they were apparently at least considering a release of the Japanese series in the US, because I recall a poll on their website that included them. That time is long past now. It sort of seems unlikely that it would happen, but I've learned at this point to never say never. There was a time when things like Masterpiece Megatron (hell, Masterpiece figures at all, period) seemed impossible. When a live action Transformers movie was a fanboy fantasy. When we never could have realistically expected a new line of homages to G1, or reissues of old figures. So I'm not about to say it will never happen. I will say that if you're in a hurry to get them, you should either download fansunbs or buy a region-free DVD player and the UK releases, because they don't seem to be in our immediate future at least.

11. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I'm sure that if the movie does well (which it will), a little bit of everyone will be trying to release merchandise that appears to the fans.

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can also buy them, play them on your PC DVD player, and/or, use your PC to recompress them with NTSC settings. A lenghty process, but it can be done. I did it with Smurfs :D .

13. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

It would be a dream come true if they would dub the Headmasters series in English, even if it were just dubbed by up and commers as long as it was done professionally. I mean anything is better than that crappy singapore dub we got now. And it sure beats reading a movie.