Headmasters And Targetmasters? Possibly Reissued?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Does anybody know if the G1 Headmasters and Targetmasters will ever be reissued or KO'ed?
    I'd love to get my hands on the Decepticon Triggerhappy. He was an awesome looking jet and one of my favorites to play with. I also liked Mindwipe as well.

2. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I would love to get my hands on some Targetmasters myself, hope they are reissued sometime.

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    They are all Original Takara/Hasbro creations so it is possible they could be reissued. there have been a couple of sorta target master reissues : Universe Cyclonus has his Targetmaster, not a straight reissue though, then there is this : #15 Stepper - Transformers Reissue Transformers Transformers Collection at BigBadToyStore its a Takara reissue and he has a Targetmaster but he is not a US one he was a reworking and repainting Of Jazz. but thats as close as we have gotten to a true reissue of any of the masters expect for Powermaster Optimus Prime who was reissues in 2003 by Hasbro

4. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Stepper/Ricochet and TM Hot Rod were already reissued, so there's that. No clue if/when we'll see other TMs or any Headmasters at all. I imagine Tomy will get to Chromedome at some point since he was an integral part of their Headmasters series, if they can find or decide to remake the mold.

5. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    In addition to those mentioned, TM Kup was reissued as well. I would love if they re-issued some of the HMs and TMs as well as the PMs. Even though I have most of the HMs already, I would buy re-issues of figures like Hardhead and Weirdwolf in an instant. Frankly, it would nice if Bay would include a couple of those characters, even if in name only, in the next film so there would be a bit more awareness publicly that a re-issue could then use as a selling point.

6. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

I'd love some Headmaster reissues. I remember liking those the most out of the three *masters, for some reason.

Never had any of the Autobots, but Skullcruncher and Mindwipe (the ones I had) were great, and I had friends who had Weirdwolf and Apeface, who were also awesome. I'd love to see Apeface again, as well as Snapdragon.

7. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

Wish granted! :thumbs2: 

[​IMG]

8. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Wow. Where did you find the labels for those, or are they all original? They look like they're right out of the box. I've seen Highbrow labels on eBay and I definitely need them, but am unsure of the quality.

Anyhow, nice set. (I still need Brainstorm.)

9. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

Depends on which figure. Weirdwolf and Apeface's stickers are vintage originals, Mindwipe's are TFStickers reproductions, everything else is from Reprolabels. I'm extremely anal about quality and enjoy making everything look as minty and straight as possible while restickering. :) 

As for sticker quality...that also depends. TFStickers generally look and feel more like the vintage ones, but the glue can sometimes be fickle and may have trouble adhering to anything less than an absolutely clean surface. Reprolabels are excellent quality and will stick to anything - they can even be peeled off and reapplied several times - but may appear slightly pixellated when viewed up close. On the plus side, their sets include factory labels unlike the former. I enjoy ordering from both businesses, though, and their merchandise is in a constant state of flux as they try out new things and seek to refine and improve their products. If you'd like, I can scan in some sheets so you can have a closer look. PM me if you're interested. :) 

Thanks! :)  And good luck with tracking down Brainstorm! :thumbs2: 

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I'm gearing up to put a load of my current TF into storage but that photo is making me want to bring out my old 'Masters for display.

11. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

I'd love to see the Decepticon Targetmasters, Crosshairs, Hosehead and Apeface.

12. Tigertrack

I also wonder why after they introduced us to the HM's and TM's, that the show just stopped! I was hoping to see more of these characters in action, particularly Scorponok and Fortress Maximus battle it out like Metroplex and Trypitcon did. It wasn't fair to introduce these new characters only to end the show. :( 

13. keebs

keebs 32 Oh-Zee Killah

There's a KO G1 Fort Max in the works. I'd buy it for the box and foam. Fingers crossed for Cyclonus and Scourge TM's.

14. Tigertrack

There is..................G1 KO at KOTOYS.COM

15. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'd take any TM reissues, but especially Misfire, Triggerhappy and Slugslinger. And I'd hope to see them retool the Targetmaster clips into hinges for better durability.

16. enkidoamark

enkidoamark Well-Known Member

"collection" also had Kup (char) with his targetmaster partner. He's pretty cheap compared to the others of that line, which is why he's one of only 3 or 4 that I have MISB.