Headmaster updates/upgrades

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by nemisispringer, Feb 6, 2011.

1. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ok so what do people think of the existing updated headmasters out there (mindwipe, highbrow, hardhead and the hothead kit) and would you be intrested in seeing more headmaster characters being updated or given upgrade kits and how?

I know i would personally love to see a vorath and gort

2. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

To be honest, despite the names, I don't really see Mindwipe and Highbrow as updates to their Headmaster namesakes. I know Mindwipe has been established as being very similar, so I could possibly come round to that thinking, though it'd be tricky as heck to come up with a Vorath that'd look good on him.

But from what I've seen Highbrow is nothing like his G1 counterpart, either in appearance or personality; he's more like a different character who happens to share the name. The amount of work that'd have to go into making him remotely G1-ish would have to be more than a Gort add-on.

3. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Hardhead was perfect enough without Hothead, but Mindwipe and Highbrow only seem to share names and in Mindwipe's case, colors with the originals. Sort of like G1 Wheelie and ROTF Wheelie.

4. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I would love to see a headmaster kit for the new mindwipe. Especially if they maintained the new figures aethetic with the new head.

Hardhead's upgrade is really fantastic looking. I'd really like to get my hands on one sometime.

5. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I'd love to see a head for Mindwipe. Agreed about Highbrow though. He just doesn't look enough like Highbrow. I think it's his colors. If he had better colors, it might work.

6. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think he is pretty decent perhaps the green throws it off a little though perhaps the reapaint will look more like highbrow than highbrow himself

On the other hand i would love to see a vorath perhaps if he was desighned as a poseable figure with a rectangular block with a ball joint socket on the back of one of his legs that is able to swivel round and attach to the other leg and then peg to mindwipe

This might also be able to make his head look forward and more level in the mindwipe/skystalker combination

On a side note i would really love to see a chromedome homage

7. John ofthe Dead

John ofthe Dead Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would love love LOVE to see an upgrade for Mindwipe where his headmaster partner turned into a bat. HeadRobots made the cobra head, so let's do a bat, fellas! Come on, make it happen!

8. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    I just wish we could get a Universe line of Headmasters. I know the engineering would be different, but a Generations Headmaster line would kick tail.

9. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Muzzle for ROTF Nightbeat.

10. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    It would be cool to get a mindwipe one. As a proud owner of the hothead set, I highly recommend him and his guns.

11. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

He looks like a decent fig from the pics I've seen, but aside from having two spinny things and turning into a robot, he's nothing like G1 Highbrow. Now I'm not being all GEEWUN and saying he can't have changed his altmode and colourscheme (heck, Ironhide did it enough times). But Hasbro have also given him an entirely different personality too, so it definitely seems like a sharing of names much more than an update of an old character.

I could certainly go for that. :) 

That would have to be tiny beyond belief! :lol 

12. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    TFCC Nightbeat would be way better. Plus the Rotf molds head is on a pin. Would be difficult to get off/replace.

I'm all for this idea by the way! :thumb